Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 06:32 PM

Default blind hands in multiway pots

table has been playing a bit more loose passive than im probably used to lately. no lagtards present most have been playing pretty straightforward post flop

hand 1
utg calls, utg+1 calls, 1 fold, button calls, sb calls hero checks with 52o

flop 2d 5c 8c
sb checks, hero bets, 1 call, 1 fold, 1 call, sb check raises, hero 3bets, 1 calls 2 cold, 1 folds, sb calls

turn Jd
sb bets, hero raises, utg folds, sb calls

river Kd
sb checks, hero checks

hand 2
1 limp, `1 raise, button calls, hero calls 9s6s in sb, bb calls, limper calls

flop Ks 9d 5d
hero checks, bb checks, limper checks, CO bets, button calls, sb calls, bb calls, limper calls

turn 9
hero bets, bb calls, limper calls, co calls, button raises, all call

river 3s
all check to button who bets, hero goes for overcalls
Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: blind hands in multiway pots

Hand 1: I can't figure out a hand range for SB. I figure he had a bunch of possible draws, maybe w/ a pair. I don't think [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s or a set it likely. I think I'd value bet, hoping for a crying call.

Hand 2: seems good. I would've 3bet the turn if it was CO who raised you, but Btn is saying he's got a 9 also.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:57 PM

hand 1, what do u guys think if i got 3bet on the turn

rivers probably a valuebet but at the time i just couldnt think of a hand that plays this way that i beat besides Jx of clubs (which is less likely than Jacks up)and maybe wouldnt even check raise the flop. i just raised the turn to try and get utg out finally with my vulernable hand. if it had been HU id probably just call down from the turn donk. i really cant see a lot of the better hands taking this line tho, two pair on the flop or a set im assuming caps the flop or cr's the turn.

hand two hows preflop? i think postflop is pretty standard including the flop peel (it is rite?). At the time i thought about donking the river again just hoping hed just call with most 9s and didnt wanna miss out on bets from all those people imbetween. I dont think 3betting the turn would be good even if it was the CO again who raised and even if he was very loose, since it knocks out some players imbetween and my hand is fairly obvious and likely beat once im raised after my donk and the calls imbetween.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:05 PM

I check behind hand 1 because I want to see a showdown and I really don't like folding to a c/r in a pot this big. Some might say bet so you can get diamond from whatever crap SB is playing and fold to a c/r, but I think we're behind too often to risk a bet. Sooo many turn donks are for 2pair or FDs. Nondiamond is an easy bet though. If he 3bets the turn, a calldown is standarrrrd. I understand your fear for checking behind with two flush draws out, but I think someone bets here enough for you to c/r. Not sure about that though.

PF call is ok in hand 2, but I don't play many cards much uglier than that there. Peeling is fine in this big pot even if your 9 is outkicked or your 6 completes a flush somtimes. I call down from the raise, button will have called the flop for the same reason as you a ton of the time, and your kicker sucks balls.

All in all I thought you played the hands well
Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 PM

I dont like preflop in hand 2 unless its a 2/3 blind structure, in which case its close.