Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Default 5 year olds topic...continued.

"Good drunken debate from a few nights ago.

The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

I set my magic number at 30, but upon reflection, I think I could take on a few more. How many could you take on?"

Originally created by gonores (so I'm not takin credit, but I would like to change the rules a bit since there was a lot of debate.
------------------------------------------------------------
How many male 10 year olds can you incapacitate before you are incapacitated?

Rules:

1. They are jacked up on PCP
2. Despite the fact that they are jacked up...they will not bite, eye-gouge, pull hair, or attack the groin area in any way since they believe this to be dishonorable, and neither will you. (in fact, if you do, you will be painfully executed since you broke the rule of the arena)
3. The size of the arena will be dictated by the number of 10 year olds. (the more 10 year olds, the bigger the arena). You will have enough room to manuever but not enough room to run away. Shape of the arena will be an octagon, no obstacles.
4. You are permitted to tape up your wrists/ankles to help prevent an accidental spraining. Other than that everybody is wearin nothing but a pair of shorts. No shoes allowed.
5. You are not permitted to take any drugs prior to the battle.
6. You have one week to prepare.

Lastly, these are not your everyday burger-eating cartoon-watching American 10 year olds. These are Spartan 10 year olds from Ancient Greece, trained in hand-to-hand combat and conditioned since they were born. Individually they are (for their size and age) extremely strong, well-disciplined, with a never-give-up attitude, but they can also work flawlessly as a unit.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: 5 year olds topic...continued.

I absolutely guarantee that the average guy in the street could not even take on 10 five year-olds at the same time, given the fact that they received some training.

I have a son who is 4 yrs, 9 months old, so I have a better idea than most about the surprising strength of a boy of this age.

I predict that 7 or 8 five year olds could overpower the average guy. The only question in my mind is their ability to knock someone unconcious.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Yes, one of the arguments in the old thread was the fact that 5 year olds simply don't have the power to KO someone. They can wear our hero down, eventually doggy-pile and biting until hero loses enough blood that he goes unconscious.

That's why this time, it's Spartan 10 year olds, and while they can't bite and may or may not have knockout power, they simply have to incapacitate you. If they break an arm or leg, the battle's over, even if you are still conscious.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:03 AM

This part seemed a little gay, "Other than that everybody is wearin nothing but a pair of shorts. No shoes allowed".

This sealed it. "These are Spartan 10 year olds from Ancient Greece"
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM

I think I'll manage 3 ten year olds pretty easily. Any more than that, their conditioning and ability to work as a team probably gets too much. Since they're only 10 year olds and definitely hasn't reached puberty, I'm going to have a significant strength advantage, no matter the amount of training they've been through. And since I'm pretty tall, I'll have a reach advantage as well.

Also, I will preemptively lol at all the people that will post a ridiculously large number.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These are Spartan 10 year olds from Ancient Greece, trained in hand-to-hand combat and conditioned since they were born. Individually they are (for their size and age) extremely strong, well-disciplined, with a never-give-up attitude, but they can also work flawlessly as a unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, wtf? A huge majority of males would not be able to take more than two.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These are Spartan 10 year olds from Ancient Greece, trained in hand-to-hand combat and conditioned since they were born. Individually they are (for their size and age) extremely strong, well-disciplined, with a never-give-up attitude, but they can also work flawlessly as a unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, wtf? A huge majority of males would not be able to take more than two.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed. no way that the average male can take on too many of these war machines.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:30 AM

With optimal tactics I think the 10 year olds who're jacked on PCP would be able to easily take most guys <5. I don't think anyone could handle >20.