Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 AM

Default 98o in BB

First of all, Hello SSNL!!

This is my first post here, but I doubt it will be my last. I have been a heavy reader and poster in the MSL and the SSL in the past, but have only been playing NL for a few weeks, I have a collection of hands that I played live from my 1st two sessions and just wanted some thoughts on them. Thanks heaps guys!

1/ Live 2/5 NL

Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

I have $500 he has $1200

Hero's first hand at the table.
Villain is a creative LAG, but I feel he has learnt not to pull the tricks on me from past limit experiences. He knows when to back off. Good player.

3 limpers, SB completes, I chk.

Flop ($25) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $15, Hero raises to $45, 3 folds,
Villain re-raises to $120, Hero calls
[I felt he could play a draw this way or a set, I couldn't imagine he would pull this stunt with only 1 pair. I was waiting for the turn to decide]

Turn ($265) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $250, Hero???
[I felt that was a very nad card for me...]

2/ Live 2/5 NL

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OTB

Hero has been a bit tight so far, but I'm not sure the table really notices...
Villain is tighter than most, and doesn't like to commit unless he feels he really has it, though he is capable of some rather foolish overbets.

3 limpers to Hero, who calls, blinds call.

Flop [6] ($30) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP bets $15, fold, call, Hero calls, blinds fold
[I didn't want to raise here, should I? My plan was to call down, I was not at all concerned about the caller in the middle]

Turn [3] ($75) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP bets $60, folds, Hero raises to $150,
MP goes All in, Hero?
[I was kinda lost here, is this decision easy? Could it have been avoided?]

3/ Live 2/5 NL

Villain, seems kind of foolish, but not crazy foolish. Makes big bets when he feels villain is drwing etc. Seems slightly loose but not over aggro preflop.

Hero has $900, Villain has $700

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG

Hero raises to $15, 2 callers, MP3 re-raises to $60, folded to Hero who calls, 2 folds

Flop [2] ($157) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero chks, MP bets $100, Hero calls
[Should I do something here? I wanted to evaluate his strength on the turn]

Turn [2] ($357) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero chks, MP bets $225, Hero?
[ Villain looks like he's ready to push on the river, he seems very happy with his hand...]

Anyway guys thnaks for all the help, I really look forward to any replies. Also is anyone coming down for the Aussie Millions???

JT
Old 01-01-2007, 07:33 AM

Default Re: 98o in BB

No replies? Is it because theres too many questions?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

JT
Old 01-01-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: 98o in BB

it's too many hands formatted not so great, so people are probably less inclined to help

hand 1 - I get away from top 2 like never in live play. shove turn now and if you lose BBV it.

hand 2 - raise preflop - limped pots kill you. calling the flop is good. you have to fold to the turn push if villain is decent, but again folding trips top kicker is pretty tough to do. you also have tons of outs vs a straight.

hand 3 - if you feel like committing 150BB with tptk vs a preflop reraiser then go nuts - I probably would. what beats you? AA? TT? with your read I dunno if I can fold. the flop is good.