Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Wynn Room Rate

Anyone know if after playing the 6hr/night requirement to get the poker room rate at the Wynn does one get that rate automatically on subsequent visits like how the Bellagio does it or does one have to always do 6hr/night every time? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Wynn Room Rate

Bellagio has never done that for me. You must be special. I've had to put in the time at both places every time I wanted the poker rate.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:02 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

idk of anyone that has had to do it more than once at b
Old 12-30-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if after playing the 6hr/night requirement to get the poker room rate at the Wynn does one get that rate automatically on subsequent visits like how the Bellagio does it or does one have to always do 6hr/night every time? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wynn requires you to clock in and out with your red card when you play. On later visits they are a bit more lenient on whether you actually play the full required time, but it depends on how crowded they are and how many times you've stayed in the past. In general you should plan to actually play the required hours per day.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:13 PM

I called last week and got the poker rate and I have not played at the Wynn since this summer and that was not more than a few hours of play at most. Just call and ask for it.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 AM

I forget to swipe my card 90% of my trip's sessions and I've never been hassled about it.

samplesize; 3 seperate trips for a week. fwiw
Old 01-01-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
idk of anyone that has had to do it more than once at b

[/ QUOTE ]

You do now. Every time I have called for a reservation, they tell me only the poker room can give me the poker rate. When I talk to the poker room, they tell me I have to reserve, and pay the deposit for, the prevailing rate. Then they will adjust my rate when I check out, but only if I go to the poker office at checkout time with my little card filled out with the required hours.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:13 AM

I have had the same experience. Since I play way more than six hour per day (especially if I don't have meetings or my wife with me) they are nice about it. But if I left without playing the required hours I doubt if I would still be given the rate.

For what it's worth, I think that they are slightly more lenient at the Wynn than at the Bellagio. On my last day of my last visit all the games I wanted to play had broken. I sat at a low level limit game for an hour and then couldn't stand it anymore. I went and asked the floor if I had to do my time since the other games I wanted to play were not going. They took care of me and were extremely nice about it.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio has never done that for me. You must be special. I've had to put in the time at both places every time I wanted the poker rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You do now. Every time I have called for a reservation, they tell me only the poker room can give me the poker rate. When I talk to the poker room, they tell me I have to reserve, and pay the deposit for, the prevailing rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do to these folks to get such lousy treatment?

I only had to clock my time my 1st stay at the Bellagio. I have never had any problems when I've called for the poker rate at either place. I call, I get a confirm, I check in and the rates all set. I've never had a problem in putting in the time so I'm not sure, but I would guess if you are not living up to your side of the bargain, they would talk to you 1st about it and let you catch up, rather than charging you the rack rate.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM

Is it actually 6 hours per day - in literal terms? What if I play 9 hours for 5 days, but stay 7 nights. Is that the same?