Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Can\'t Find Cash Poker or Poker Parlor on Directv

I live in the Bay Area and am frustrated that I have not been able to find either of the shows anywhere.

I know WGN National Feed shows them but I also know there are rules against a national feed showing a show in an area covered by a local station showing the same show. The thing is there are to the best of my knowledge three shows in the UPC stable.

UPC, Poker Parlor and Cash Poker. I can get UPC on a local station as well as WGN but have never been able to get Poker Parlor and cannot find Cash Poker anywhere. I went as far as using my Tivo to record WGN all night a couple times when Poker Parlor was supposed to air according to the Poker Parlor website and all I got was hours of infomercials.

Is anybody else havng similar problems? It is frustrating to know there are shows out there being promoted that I want to see but can't seem to fnid them anywhere.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Can\'t Find Cash Poker or Poker Parlor on Directv

I just realized that Cash Poker has not started yet. According to the site it starts on January 12, but it is not showing on my Tivo yet. I am hoping it will not be another Poker Parlor MIA show.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:28 PM

As far as I know, Poker Parlor does NOT air on WGN SuperStation.

Poker Parlor airs on KKPX-TV 65 in the San Francisco Bay Area: Sunday mornings at 2am PT, right after the UPC (which airs on Sundays at 1am PT).

Cash Poker is supposed to air on KFTY-TV 50 Santa Rosa starting Saturday January 13 at 3pm PT.

WGN SuperStation is scheduled to air Cash Poker on a one-week lag behind KFTY-TV 50, i.e. starting Friday night January 12 at 11:59pm PT.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 AM

If you have i(once known as PAX) channel, Poker Parlow airs at 2am eastern Sunday mornings (late Saturday night) like Oliver mentioned.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:59 PM

I recorded on Directv Channel 65 which is the I Channel from 10:00 P.M. PST last night until 2:00 A.M. this morning and got 4 hours worth of the "Adventures of Gallant Bess". I am wondering if the channel has a Sat feed and an over air feed like WGN? This could explain why I never seem to be able to get Poker Parlor?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recorded on Directv Channel 65 which is the I Channel from 10:00 P.M. PST last night until 2:00 A.M. this morning and got 4 hours worth of the "Adventures of Gallant Bess". I am wondering if the channel has a Sat feed and an over air feed like WGN? This could explain why I never seem to be able to get Poker Parlor?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. There are two separate versions of KKPX-TV 65: one over-the-air and cable, and one for distribution on DirecTV. The DirecTV version does not appear to have the UPC time-buy programming.

You can try getting KKPX-TV 65 or KKPX-DT1 digital 65.1 over the air. The analog version comes off the transmitter at Loma Prieta in the Santa Cruz Mountains (hard to get if you are north of Palo Alto), while the digital version comes off the transmitter at San Bruno Mountain just south of San Francisco (same transmitter as KNTV-11 and KTSF-TV 26). Being physically in San Francisco, I can get the digital version, i.e. 65.1, with a TERK HDTVi indoor set-top antenna.

--

Cash Poker is supposed to start airing on WGN Superstation on Friday January 19 at 11:59pm PT (Saturday January 20 at 3am ET).