Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: royal frush draw

2 things:

KJs is good enough for a preflop raise in UTG+1 in a 10-handed game?? I always raise KQs, but KJs I think is a call in a loose game or fold in a typical game. I'm too tight perhaps?

I think in the turn is best to check-call. Given all the flop calls you are probably behind in the turn, and if you are behind your equity is not high enough to valuebet the turn against 3 opponents, and you are never going to have a better hand to fold (perhaps only KQ).
Old 12-31-2006, 03:29 PM

"Also, I'm interested to hear comments on my turn play as well."

I think I would have checked the turn, unless I was getting weak vibes from multiple plyers. You're so terribly out of position and the prospect of giving a free card is both unlikely and not particularly daunting.

Unless I was stuck and tilty, I'd have no trouble folding the river.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:08 PM

I don't like the preflop raise either.

I think the turn bet is fine. Turn card gave you 12 outs to the nuts if you were behind.

What are the chances that the button is holding a lower two pair than yours? Big pot to fold in, but I think most players would check this river without the straight.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM

You really don't beat anything. Sucks but you need to fold.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:29 PM

At first I thought this was a fold on the river. Now I think I want to look him up. I've seen too many players raise this turn with something like A9-A6 or K10 - no reason to think they wouldn't bet this river either.

Turn is close. I think you are behind Ax here a lot and think that a c/c is ok as I don't think you have the equity even with Second Pair and the FD/SD. Though, I don't like giving up control of the hand here.

Did you consider a clarkmeiester esque play on the river with a donk bet? Obviously b/f if you do this.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you consider a clarkmeiester esque play on the river with a donk bet? Obviously b/f if you do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a good idea. This is a huge pot and there's no way I get a better hand to fold.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am sticking with my instincts. but my question still stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the Asian nations, I have found the Koreans to be very mathematical as are the Japanese. Chinese usually clever or arrogant types. With the Cambodians and Vietnamese being straight up Gamboolers!

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

I also have generalisations on other nationalities as well...

Oh yeah c/f river... the rest is fine, can't believe someone said to not raise pre...

JT
Old 01-01-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a good idea. This is a huge pot and there's no way I get a better hand to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to the clarkmeister play is to remember that your not trying to get a better hand to fold. You're only trying to get a worse hand to call that would not necessarily bet if checked to. Another way of thinking about it is that you are more likely to be behind if he bets and you call than if you bet and he calls.

Your turn bet is pretty close to neutral EV. I figure you got about 11 outs discounting your Q outs and K outs a little bit. This means your about a 3:1 dog on the turn assuming you're behind.

On the river, I think a call here is ok. Expect to be shown down QJ or AT but sometimes you'll see KT or some other pair + FD that missed.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your turn bet is pretty close to neutral EV. I figure you got about 11 outs discounting your Q outs and K outs a little bit. This means your about a 3:1 dog on the turn assuming you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and it's not so clear I'm behind, because nobody raised my flop bet. The other guys don't have to have an A here. They might, but they could easily have hands like QT, JT, or K9s, etc.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Why did you bet the turn?