Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 02:20 AM

Default NL200 - 97s vs TAG on FTP

Over 83 hands Villan is 12/8, very tight, folded to 3 bet on flop (not from me, though he did see a flush card hit on the river which paired my TP kicker and folded to a smallish bet probably thinking I had chased down the flush.)

I saw this hand, wanted to see a flop with it and figure with the right flop, it's my chance to (nearly) stack him - and he won't get much money in otherwise. Comments?

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $135.55
Hero (UTG+1): $312.25
Villan: $350.40
MP2: $120.35
CO: $234.85
BTN: $153
SB: $267.9
BB: $195

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 8 players)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="red">Villan raises to $27</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $18

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($59, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Villan bets $42</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $285.25</font>, Villan...

Edit: No need to name call in the subject [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Re: NL200 - 97s vs TAG on FTP

Looks standard. I dont play full ring much but Id imagine the villian has an overpair most of the time here, which is okay considering you have a monster draw.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:54 PM

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 43.7518 % 43.75% 00.00% { 9c7c }
Hand 2: 56.2482 % 56.25% 00.00% { JJ+ }

nice hand

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 01:56 PM

Fold preflop both times?

Flop play looks good.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop both times?

Flop play looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't play much FR, but this seems like a standard muck PF in EP.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:14 PM

Fold preflop both times, especially as you are out of position.

Only c/r all in on the flop if you think you have any fold equity here. I think you have very little, and you are better to play the hand passively and try to hit your draw. He'll pay off if a T comes, and probably also if the flush hits. I guess he has KK+ about 90% of the time here, and will probably be trying to get it in.

Edit - he probably doesn't reraise AK, but if he does, he probably checks behind on the turn, giving you a free card.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 PM

Go play 6-max with that first preflop move.
Go play play money games with that second preflop move. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Postflop, meh. High variance, but OK. It's basically what you have to expect when you stay involved vs a 3b preflop: a good draw that you can c/r ai.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 PM

He called after some thought, showed AA - no club. My hand didn't get there but I couldn't bring myself to feel terrible about the loss.

Not sure I understand the comment about 6 max - I've usually only played full ring games but I know 6 max games are different, more action/gamble or what? Also not sure I understand about "money games" - you mean larger money or ??

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He called after some thought, showed AA - no club. My hand didn't get there but I couldn't bring myself to feel terrible about the loss.

Not sure I understand the comment about 6 max - I've usually only played full ring games but I know 6 max games are different, more action/gamble or what? Also not sure I understand about "money games" - you mean larger money or ??

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) he said "play 6-max"...This means, you can actually raise hands like 97s...in FR its a bit questionable, cause you have to play way tighter. In a 6max 97s is a pretty standart raise, since you can play way more aggro.

2)as a comment to your call PF he said "play PLAY MONEY games"...thus, playing with real money is pretty dangerous for you.
I hope you don`t take it as a compliment. Its a nice way of saying:
"You`re such a fish calling a 3b PF with 97s..."

Actually i hate to explain that...whatever good new year and mucho luck playing 6max playmoney [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2)as a comment to your call PF he said "play PLAY MONEY games"...thus, playing with real money is pretty dangerous for you.
I hope you don`t take it as a compliment. Its a nice way of saying:
"You`re such a fish calling a 3b PF with 97s..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I put a [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] in there. So, wasn't trying to be too brutal. Just saying it wasn't the greatest call of a 3b I've ever seen. Stacks are a little deeper than one buy-in so it's not a horrible gambool, bad but not horrible.