Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 09:52 PM

Default $3 Stars, Nut flush draw with 3 others all-in, early

When I go all in I figure MP and CO are committed to the pot and there is a good chance BB comes along to. I know that if I dont make my flush I am done but if I do I am pretty much guaranteed of being in the money. Thoughts?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1365)
UTG+1 (t1390)
MP1 (t1330)
MP2 (t1340)
CO (t1790)
Button (t2575)
Hero (t1455)
BB (t3755)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t50, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t100</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t75, <font color="red">BB raises to t150</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, CO calls t50, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t700) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t700</font>, CO calls t700, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1305 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t3605 (All-in)</font>, MP2 calls t490 (All-in), CO calls t940 (All-in)

Turn: (t8540) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)

River: (t8540) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
Old 12-30-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: $3 Stars, Nut flush draw with 3 others all-in, early

Much too early to put your tournament life on the line with a draw. C/F the flop.

By the way having a huge chip lead this early doesn't ensure an ITM finish.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:14 PM

Push preflop
Old 12-31-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you hate money...
Old 12-31-2006, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think pushing pre-flop would be an alright play...I think it's +ev...not sure if it's the best play. And I just have no idea what the hell they have after the flop the way everything has gone down. But it's a $3 and we have the nut flugh draw plus 2 overs in a pot with decent overlay so I might go ahead and get it all-in there although the bb's small betting throughout might make me a bit nervous.

ALso don't show results...the fact that the bb and co went all-in after you might bias some answers to this question.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

I have no problem with these sorts of responses if they are backed up by explanation OR reputation.

Shoving preflop is fine. In a $3.

Lots of options on this flop. I think checking planning to C/R AI is my preferred line. Leading hoping to get it AI is fine as well.

STTF is lulz central lately.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Much too early to put your tournament life on the line with a draw. C/F the flop.

By the way having a huge chip lead this early doesn't ensure an ITM finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 AM

no way you can even consider folding here, esp in a $3. even if you knew everyone was calling you beat them to the pot. you are nowhere near the bubble, and you are getting 4.3:1 even if you have 0 FE. you have 28.228% equity vs a range of 88+,55-44,A8s,76s for all villains, and in a $3 that range is wayyyy to tight.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:18 PM

Pushing all in pre flop with anyhting other than aces or kings this early in a sng is a bad play imo. why would you want to give someone the chance to take you out (making a bad call which is common at $3) with jj 1010 or even worse have you dominated with aa kk qq or ak? just get to the flop as cheaply as possible and fold if you miss, you'l outplay guys at $3 often enough so theres no need to risk all you chips pf with AQ. However on this flop you have potentially 15 outs, so im not sure you can get away from this given the pot odds. Even if your two overs are not live you still have 9 outs with your flush draw, and whilst winning this hand doesnt necessarily mean you finish ITM it would take a pretty monumental error/bad beat to not finish ITM. I take the shot here and bust out..
Old 12-31-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing all in pre flop with anyhting other than aces or kings this early in a sng is a bad play imo. why would you want to give someone the chance to take you out (making a bad call which is common at $3) with jj 1010 or even worse have you dominated with aa kk qq or ak? just get to the flop as cheaply as possible and fold if you miss, you'l outplay guys at $3 often enough so theres no need to risk all you chips pf with AQ. However on this flop you have potentially 15 outs, so im not sure you can get away from this given the pot odds. Even if your two overs are not live you still have 9 outs with your flush draw, and whilst winning this hand doesnt necessarily mean you finish ITM it would take a pretty monumental error/bad beat to not finish ITM. I take the shot here and bust out..

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SHOVING SOUNDS HORRIBLE!!! PLEASE PUSH HERE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shortened your post....still don't get it.