Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Supernova Elite

I agree that these requirements are a little too high. Stars should offer more bonuses at the middle tiers. Like 300% FPP at 500k VPP or something.

Stars, its not too late to change this stuff! Maybe if more people complain in this thread they will.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone that makes SNE, Stars should just give the person a porsche for like 50,000 FPP...cuz they're going to be devoid of any kind of social life.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, I'm assuming that anyone going for SNE is a full time online poker pro.

I've seen this sentiment expressed a lot around here, and I don't really understand it.

If you're 10 tabling $1/2 NL 9 handed fast tables(thats what I'm starting out doing), how many hours per day would you say you'd have to work to make the 2740 VPPs needed to earn SNE? I honestly havn't kept exact stats on my VPPs per hour, so I'm not certain. However, I'm pretty sure that 6 hours should be sufficient.

So that comes out to 42 hours per week. Isn't that a fairly normal workweek? And thats not even considering that we have no commute to work and we can set our own hours.

In fact, I would argue that due to being able to set our own hours we actually have much more opportunity for a social life than the average 9-5 guy. I say this because if a social event comes up at the last minute we could always cancel our plans to play poker, go the the event, and just make it up by playing more tomorrow. The average person can't always do it.

I think that we, as poker pros, are a fairly lazy group of people....perhaps thats why we chose this profession. A 42 hour work week with no commute and flexible hours is really not that bad at all.

Now I will admit that 10 tabling is very stressful compared to a normal job. Many of my non-poker playing friends think its so easy and can't understand how I can be exhausted after "working." What they don't understand is that I can't just take a mental break(or else I play bad and lose money). Most people can daydream for 10-15 minutes and slack off without major consequences. Poker players can't do this.

So I'll agree that it is 6 hard and stressful hours of work per day. However, I disagree with the sentiment that one can not have a social life or can't accomplish other things.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:00 AM

Very dissapointed. I guess they tried, but pathetic result. I reached supernova in one month this year and it took playing 5 hours per day at 10 tables.

It would take 10 months like this to get to the elite and it is not even worth it. For an extra 30k or even 50k its not worth it. Think of the amount of winnings you will be sacrifising.

Cons

1. Sacrificing game selections, win rate is much less and considering the amount of hands you will need to play like this, you might end up sacrificing almost the same amount that you will get back

2. Free roll tournaments - meaningless. Throw them in the trash stars

3. The 200k 300k and so on should receive bumps from 3.5x to 4.0 to 4.5 or whatever it may be.

Overall, I will not try and reach any of the goals. I will be playing incredibly less. Winning more in the actual game I am playing, and keep my life.

Thank you for building up all the hype and dissapointing everyone.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am probably being blind, but I can't find mention of the milestone bonuses on the stars site.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, it's at the SuperNova page, not the elite page.

Ok, I've posted similar else where, but want to confirm...I think NL$100 is the best method to use to get SNe. The games are softer, plentiful, AND the rake to vpp ratio is way lower. I figure 55vpp/hr/fast table 9 top, paying about $8/hr in rake.

So to break it down, $14.5k in rake paid to get SN at NL$100, benefits of achieving SN amount to about $6k.

To get SNe, you pay an extra $130.5k in rake, you get the trips and tourneys valued at $35k, the milestone bonuses valued at $23k, and left over fpp valued at about $35k, then roughly 45% rb there after (due to the rounding fpp thing, it's roughly 210 fpp/hr SN vs 275 for SNe)

This means that the SNe all in all is $100k in bonuses and $145k in rake...is this about right? I feel good about the bonuses being valued at $80k to $120k, depending, but the rake may be way off.

My suggestion for achieving SNe is to 12 table fast 9 tops 60 per week at NL$100 (this would take about 6 months).

If you made 4bb/100 (at NL$100 that $4)...then you would make $70k in that 6 month period along the way.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion for achieving SNe is to 12 table fast 9 tops 60 per week at NL$100 (this would take about 6 months).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just doing some back of the envelope calcs here but since the VPP changes I've been averaging a little over a VPP every 2 hands at FR NL100. To err on the conservative side let's say it'll take 2M hands to reach 1M VPP's and SNe.

That means you'll have to play 166,666 hands of FR NL100 each month to make SNe by the end of the year. Sure you've got fast tables, but games break down, you might be on a waiting list for a while, etc... it's a good conservative estimate that you'll be playing 60 hands per hour, per table.

8 tables x 60 hph = 480 hands. 166,666 hands / 480 = 347 hrs/mo.

12 tables x 60 hph = 720 hands. 166,666 hands / 720 = 231 hrs/mo

Maybe my calcs are off somewhere, but it looks to me the only way you'll hit SNe playing NL100 is by 12 tabling 8 hour days every day for a year. Either that or you're 12 tabling 10 hour days six days a week. And that'll take a full year to accomplish, not six months.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just doing some back of the envelope calcs here but since the VPP changes I've been averaging a little over a VPP every 2 hands at FR NL100. To err on the conservative side let's say it'll take 2M hands to reach 1M VPP's and SNe.

That means you'll have to play 166,666 hands of FR NL100 each month to make SNe by the end of the year. Sure you've got fast tables, but games break down, you might be on a waiting list for a while, etc... it's a good conservative estimate that you'll be playing 60 hands per hour, per table.

8 tables x 60 hph = 480 hands. 166,666 hands / 480 = 347 hrs/mo.

12 tables x 60 hph = 720 hands. 166,666 hands / 720 = 231 hrs/mo

Maybe my calcs are off somewhere, but it looks to me the only way you'll hit SNe playing NL100 is by 12 tabling 8 hour days every day for a year. Either that or you're 12 tabling 10 hour days six days a week. And that'll take a full year to accomplish, not six months.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is too conservative of a calc for me...80/hr seems better, with about .7vpp per hand...55/hr vs 30/hr = roughly half the time. I don't have time for table selection, nor do I keep stats, use PAhud, but I like PT on occassion...I save my HH just for tax purposes now a days. I go by the gut [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

However, I don't know if this has been mentioned much, but the $0.40 rake per hand is now at $1/$2 for NL (I thought it was $0.50/$1 previously)...I noticed a bunch discussing vpp at NL$200, so I decided to check...NL$200 will meet the min rake for a vpp on EVERY flop (aside sb calling bb)...secondly, 2vpp for $60 hands (or put another way 1.5xmin buyin or 30xmin bet, so every all in that is called)

I think this may be new, but either way NL$200 would be about 80vpp per hour (I'll do a practice round later and get the rake per hour)...but that would allow 8 to 9 tabling vs 12 tabling...maybe worth it if the win rate does not go from 4bb/100 to 3bb/100 ($40/hr).
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 PM

I wonder why there is no one mentioning to achieve the new SNE by multi tabling FL SH $10/$20 or above. I was playing 4x SH $10/$20 at once and earning around 650 VPP per hour. However, a deep downswing made me sick of SH FL games so I didn't bother staying there since I already reached SN this year so the VPP was not something I care about. Since the new SNE benefits were released, I will take some time to re-evaluate the possibility to achieve it by multi-tabling FL SH games. Consider this, 650VPP x 6 hours a day = 3900VPP
I can even take one day off each week to hit the SNE by the last season of 2007, and it's only 4 tables. I am sure many SH pros can play more tables than that
Old 12-31-2006, 01:32 PM

SN Elite:

yet another reason to build a high-volume, break even bot.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SN Elite:

yet another reason to build a high-volume, break even bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe a good trap for Stars to catch these bots.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think NL$100 is the best method to use to get SNe. The games are softer, plentiful, AND the rake to vpp ratio is way lower. I figure 55vpp/hr/fast table 9 top, paying about $8/hr in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

At $1/2 and lower you need an $8 pot to get 1 point or a $60 pot to get 2 points. At $2/4 and higher you need a $20 pot to get one point and the same $60 to get the 2nd point.

Considering this, it would seem to me that $1/2 is most definitely better than $.5/$1.

$/1/2 may actually be better than $2/4, but I don't think its better than $3/6 becuase $3/6 will hit $20 more often than $1/2 hits $8 and will obviously hit $60 more.

Obviously going higher is only better.