Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: saying \"thank you\"

I think this is question of personal philosophy as much as anything. Is the chat part of the game? Or does it lie somewhat outside the game and have rules other than "anything goes that isn't cheating" (ie collusion)?

Certainly, if you look at the TOS for many sites, it is clear you can't say whatever you want, and I'm not just talking about profanity. I think the intent of these conduct rules is clear - being a !#@$ is frowned upon. Will they ban you or give you a warning for "thanking" someone in the same way described in this thread? I have no idea - would be curious to find out if anyone has any experiences.

My personal rule of thumb is - if I wouldn't say it in person, I won't type it in the chat box. It's an easy enough approach, I doubt I'm giving much of anything up by behaving "nicely".

Cheers,
bachfan
Old 12-30-2006, 09:20 PM

My favourite chat is in fixed limit, when I'm pushing some draw really hard but instead of hitting the straight or the flush I make runner runner trip deuces

Taking a peek in Hand history I notice he had KK so I say:

"I knew you had nuttin"
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is question of personal philosophy as much as anything. Is the chat part of the game? Or does it lie somewhat outside the game and have rules other than "anything goes that isn't cheating" (ie collusion)?

Certainly, if you look at the TOS for many sites, it is clear you can't say whatever you want, and I'm not just talking about profanity. I think the intent of these conduct rules is clear - being a !#@$ is frowned upon. Will they ban you or give you a warning for "thanking" someone in the same way described in this thread? I have no idea - would be curious to find out if anyone has any experiences.

My personal rule of thumb is - if I wouldn't say it in person, I won't type it in the chat box. It's an easy enough approach, I doubt I'm giving much of anything up by behaving "nicely".

Cheers,
bachfan

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm....this is a good point. I consider the chat entirely a part of the game. But maybe you are right, and it is somewhat outside the game. I treat it like I treat tells, live or online. I do this online, but I do it live as well. Everything at the table is part of the game, to me at least.