Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 04:45 AM

Default AA proper bet size for great flop.

i have mp tentatively noted as someone who is suspicious and aggro, but small smaple.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($100)
SB ($88.75)
BB ($307.95)
Hero ($143.10)
MP ($80.35)
CO ($121.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $6.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, MP calls $13, SB calls $13.

Flop: ($61) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets

okay, so clearly i wanna felt this but how much is the right bet?

20$ is probly enough to get call and a push in by the turn, but flush draw gets a great price. what do you bet?
Old 12-30-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Re: AA proper bet size for great flop.

i'm not betting less than $50 here

only betting $20 gives villains amazing odds to draw at a flush if that is what they have

bet $50, obviously getting it all-in to any kind of raise
Old 12-30-2006, 05:51 AM

I think shoving or checking is both fine. A check might induce MP to push and then SB will call with whatever, so you can trap 2 bets and it looks less scary to SB.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:00 AM

I think OP is more trying to pull in hands like 1010+. I would bet something like 30 here. Make sure 1010 / JJ isnt scared away, betting something like 30 makes it easier for vilains to think they're good with an OP and raise/shove.. If you bet around 30, the pot is big enough to get it AI on turn.

I think betting 50 makes some OP's fold because you're practically forcing them AI, which is a harder decision. You need to make it easier to make a mistake against you.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:08 AM

see stack sizes
Old 12-30-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think shoving or checking is both fine. A check might induce MP to push and then SB will call with whatever, so you can trap 2 bets and it looks less scary to SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

im surprised you would advocate checking. my hand should be fairly transparent at this point, and suited broadway is definately withing MPs range. your okay with giving him and option to check it behind?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 AM

Raise more P/F, and no way I'm checking this flop, push it in. You'll get looked up by most any F/D or any mid PP.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:14 AM

SB has defined his hand as a medium PP and we're not worried about his 2 outs. He has called 2 preflop bets and will love this flop.

I'm not worried about a flush draw. Small chance that MP has AKhh, and the times that he checks this behind is balanced by the extra $$$ we get out of SB if MP does bet.

If we lead at this flop and MP calls or comes over the top, we lose SB very often.

I check-raise AI here.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:06 PM

i agree that we are against aren't against a fd too often, but i absolutely dread the thought of having this checked through and seeing another heart on the turn. i have no clue what to do if that happens.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:47 PM

To those advocating betting less than all-in: note that both villains have about a PSB left. If they call half their stack, they call all of it.

Checking to induce action from hands you beat is fine, as is just pushing. MP represented a strong hand preflop so he may be inclined to do the betting for you. He may call a push as well but then it's not likely that the SB will come along with as many hands. We're obviously not folding here so just do what you think will get the most money in versus the specific villains in the hand. Because of how the preflop action went, checking in this hand is more likely to induce action from MP and a call from the SB and the more money we trap in the pot the better off we are. We figure to have the best hand here sooo often and our equity in the hand is very strong when we do. Even with the flush draw possibilities there are kill cards for hero as well and even a hand like AhKh often has just 30% equity in the hand while the other villain is usually drawing at 4 outs for a set. Some of the time we're the ones drawing at 2 outs but I don't think I'd ever consider folding with these stack sizes on this flop.