Yes 14 11.38%
No 79 64.23%
It Might 30 24.39%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Zoo Ethics Question

From FTP Site Rules:
[ QUOTE ]
Sportsmanlike conduct is expected of all users.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe teaming up with other players in an individual based game is considered very "sportsmanlike".

[ QUOTE ]
Soft playing or chip dumping is not allowed. Any unethical play may result in the suspension or termination of the offender's account.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is ethical, I suppose, being determined by FTP.

I think the collusion credit thread has made it clear how FTP feels about colluders. It would be a very different thing if a site did not actively hunt down or even allowed colluders on a site.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:51 PM

Whilst Op said:

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I asked is because I play on Full Tilt, but can't find any mention of bots or collusion being prohibited. I've looked through both the Terms & Conditions and the Site Rules, but can't find the stipulations. Prohibited software isn't mentioned either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure he realises that FTP will crackdown on such things.

What is MOST interesting (ive never read any sites T&Cs tbh) is that FTP specifically outlaws softplaying, but stars allows it.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by 'OK' in the poll? Ethically I find collusion wrong but unless stated otherwise legally there's nothing wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldnt just rely on the law to dictate your actions.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a T&C doesn't seem up to your standards, don't play at that site.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason I asked is because I play on Full Tilt, but can't find any mention of bots or collusion being prohibited. I've looked through both the Terms & Conditions and the Site Rules, but can't find the stipulations. Prohibited software isn't mentioned either.

Now...FT's reps will post on here about what is OK and what isn't, and the site will tell you what's unethical ONLY if you email or call them...but the fact that nothing's listed on the website is a bit unsettling IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

From FT 'About' page - "Full Tilt Poker has a Zero Tolerance Policy for Fraud and Collusion. We allow only one account per user. At Full Tilt Poker, we routinely review hands and chat logs to ensure a fair, honest game. If we determine that a player is colluding, or engaging in otherwise fraudulent behavior, we will close his or her account immediately."

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/aboutUs.php
Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a T&C doesn't seem up to your standards, don't play at that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now...FT's reps will post on here about what is OK and what isn't, and the site will tell you what's unethical ONLY if you email or call them...but the fact that nothing's listed on the website is a bit unsettling IMO.

It's also possible that everything is listed when you install the software. If that's the case, then I (and many others) have probably overlooked them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is though we just want to play. So we click agree really fast and dont take the time to actually go through it.