Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Beginners, stay away from Party during whore fests

Well, just cleared one of the party reloads, and after several thousand hands of play am 140 BB down at 0.25 -0.50.
Well nothing unusual in a swing like that, except I am a significant winning player at 0.50 -1.00 and 1-2. (1.5 bb/ hr)

I feel slmost shellshocked after playing at tables infested with TAG whores, (yes Im one myself).

Thinking through the implications, for what is essentially a beginners level, if an experienced player at a higher level is going to get smashed what would happen to a begginner?
Probably devoured by sharks and put of poker forever.

The overwhelming question to me now is whether against a table full of fellow whores I should tighten up even further, (my average VPIP is 18.5, and drop off on the aggresiveness post flop. (lost countless very good but second best hands, including around a dozen sets and 4 full houses). Ie weak tight style?

Now bear in mind that I wouldnt change my style of play in virtually all other situations, just during a party reload where it appears that many experineced and very good players have cottoned on to the fact that 0.25 -0.50 is optimal for bonus clearing.

Interested in some general approaches about subtle chnages in strategy about how to swim with the sharks without being eaten alive.

thanks all

Bruce
Old 12-28-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Beginners, stay away from Party during whore fests

A couple years ago I used to just rape the bonuswhore schoolboys when they showed up with aggression...

They've since gotten better at beating that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I feel slmost shellshocked after playing at tables infested with TAG whores, (yes Im one myself).

[/ QUOTE ]
Would someone mind explain what is a TAG whore? Pardon my ignorance
Old 12-28-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is a TAG whore?

[/ QUOTE ]

TAG Whore: Tight-Aggressive bonus whore (i.e. in one who takes advantage of free money promotions at poker sites)
Old 12-29-2006, 06:02 AM

I am a beginner and am playing limit for a week, and totally raping 0,25/0,50 on party, 4,6/100 over the last tracked 3,5k hands. And had a sick upswing when I didnt have pokertracker/office on around 5k hands.

Is this good or bad?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:53 AM

<<OT, and I might appear far more pc than is healthy, but could we keep away from sexual abusive imagery?>>

I also think that Party is still pretty good to beat, but OP might have a point when it comes to bonus-clearing. I've also lost a few unlucky set-over-set pots and such, but most players are still relatively limited in their arsenal of "moves".