Great call.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Paying For Picks

I'll write it for you, P:

Should I pay a service for picks?

No.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:40 AM

I don't know if anyone's signing up as many as 70-80 different services, but it's not uncommon that handicappers have multiple clubs, service plans, etc. Just looking at Phil Steele's web page I see he has a "5*" service, an "Inner Circle" service, an "Executive Club" service, a "Private Play" service, and a "Late Phone" service. There's also a "College Bowl" package and a "College Bowl Totals" package advertised. When someone's going to offer that many products, it's almost impossible to track their true record, plus if you don't know the exact time the play is released, you never know what the line really was when they made their selection. It doesn't take a lot of line fudging to turn a 51% handicapper into a 54% one.

By contrast, the legitimate pay handicappers I've mentioned like Wong's SSB, Scott Kellen, and Fezzik (when he's charged in the past) grade their plays against lines that are available at the time and don't mess around with multiple clubs or any of that garbage.

One final comment, while I'm sure the Sports Monitor tries to be legitimate, some of the things I've read about their grading practices led me to question how legitimate the lines they use are.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:47 AM

Default thoughts on phil steele/northcoast

i have followed them off and on for about 15 years. he is good in september as he can spot teams hot out of the gate. when the vegas line catches up about the last week of september he cools off. sometimes he will get hot in mid october (last year was unbelievably good , this year bad)
this year his 5 stars were abysmal about 2-4 with some of the picks absolutely moronic. surprisingly he is good when he has his freebee early bird picks on his phones on monday and tuesday -
he also quotes his plays ( and therefore his record) at a line that has almost always moved.
that being said his newsletter is a great handicapping tool especially for the nfl, his preseason books are phenomenal and he is brutally honest about when he has bad picks - he does uncover great stats that help avoid bad sides.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll write it for you, P:

Should I pay a service for picks?

No.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm always looking to make money from nothing. In the last few months I've backed 6 people (still backing 5 of them), started up some affiliate work, tried to learn about stocks, and now i've come across this.

I searched google for 'sports betting' to find some of these services which supposedly make you a great return.

Some will be dodgy, others are selling a non-rivalrous talent, which is wise for them to do so. Anyone use a site which they trust is safe and yields a good return?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM

I can appreciate your desire to make money from nothing. However, paying a tout for picks is not recommended. If I were given a free subscription to a tout of my choice, though, I would definitely use the guys at Sharp Sports Betting.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 AM

i have found several sites with pics worth paying for.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 AM

TOUTS....
About 3 years ago....I followed 100 touts using their freepicks (which assumedly are among there "betting picks" although perhaps not their "BEST BETS")
anyway.....after 1 year and a full cycle thru all the sports.
only 8 had a winning record.
I followed those 8 further.
and after another 6 months...or 18 months total...they were all LOSERS!!!!!
100 TOUTS....18 MONTHS....NO WINNERS...

NOW...WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS?

btw...I have only been here a short while...but the picks posted here....seem very good...and I think its because many of the posters here...are REAL PROFESSIONALS....

GL TO ALL OF US...