Pacific Poker 47 6.58%
WPX 40 5.60%
William Hill 28 3.92%
True Poker 17 2.38%
I don't play Poker online 0 0%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you ask a question? Why didn't you just write an article and tell everyone your expert opinion?

[/ QUOTE ] Because that is just the way I am leaning, I was expecting to take one point of view so people could argue the other, if I just agree with everyone, nothing is learned. Someone has to take an opposing view point to explore the possibilities...I have always played that hand traditionally, just as everyone in here has previously suggested...but lately, I have noticed that the great players can lay down great hands...I was hoping to find an experts opinion on this...but I have only gotten attacked for the most part...I do understand the math part but I do believe there are exceptions to every rule...it is knowing when the exceptions are that makes a player great...I am just trying to explore to make myself a better poker player. As I said I was looking for and expert opinion, I don't believe, although I may wrong that anyone who has responded in here could be considered an expert..I am sure there are some very fine poker players who responded...and there are different styles of poker player styles that can be successufl. I have been very surprised at the lack of tolerance for a different point of view. That is mostly way I have been defending this point of view so strongly. Anyway that is way I decided to email some experts...if I am wrong I am wrong...but I do believe I will recieve some support from the experts. Like I said if I am wrong I am wrong...we will see.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just an idiotic response...sarcastic and uncalled for....post flop is where real poker players make their money. I have never seen such an immature group of people in my entire life. I have just sent an email to 10 previous WSOP Champions to get their opinion on my view of folding AA against 3 previous all in raises at the beginnning of a WSOP Tournament. I will post the results when they answer. Should be interesting so stay tuned!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

all right, you had me up until this post

the problem with your gimmick is, it makes the forum actively suck.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just an idiotic response...sarcastic and uncalled for....post flop is where real poker players make their money. I have never seen such an immature group of people in my entire life. I have just sent an email to 10 previous WSOP Champions to get their opinion on my view of folding AA against 3 previous all in raises at the beginnning of a WSOP Tournament. I will post the results when they answer. Should be interesting so stay tuned!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

all right, you had me up until this post

the problem with your gimmick is, it makes the forum actively suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not interested in the opinions of former WSOP Champions?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 PM

OP,

Everything you have posted in this thread is wrong. In addition, your inability to use the enter key makes your posts unreadable. Please stop.

It is extremely telling that I have written several posts clearly demonstrating why you are wrong and you choose to ignore these in favor of arguments that are easier to pick apart.

I simply don't believe you've won ANYTHING significant given your ideas on playing tournaments, and your arrogant and condescending attitude towards a forum that breeds winners is offensive.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not interested in the opinions of former WSOP Champions?

[/ QUOTE ]

only if they had 15 tackles for losses in '95
Old 12-28-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"giving up a small amount of chips" is a phrase you have used repeatedly. But, previously, you had mentioned that you would fold aa in the first hand of the wsop if you had three all ins in front of you.

So, even if you were a 65% favourite, i dont think going from 10k in chips to 40k in chips could ever be considered "giving up a small amount of chips"

For mothafuckkrs sake, by not going all in, you have lost three times your stack 75% of the time.

I am having a very very hard time reconciling your recent statement that "99% of the time it is right to move in with AA" with the rest of the drivel you have been writing. It is almost incomprehensible to all and sundry that your basic assertions are based on total idiocy (assuming we are not talking about a satellite bubble play, or when you desperately need to sneak into the money)

As for your last comment
[ QUOTE ]
Did I mention that people in poker circles nicknamed me the Devils Advocate? Just think what everyone at the table will think when I show that I folded AA on the first hand of a tournament because I wouldn't go all in with them? An idiot right? I get all this for giving up a small amount of chips...how much do think I make in the long run because people think I am an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure someone on this forum can think up a better knickname for you. From now on, I hereby grant you the official title of MUBSman. All others can suggest appropriate names at will

How much do you make in the long run? Well, we just assumed that 75 %of the time, you would have busted 3 players and had 40k in chips, would be able to massively bully the table, etc.

SO, do you think that you are going to be able to bust three other players, in a reasonably short period of time?????????

And how in fuckshell are you going to do it if you are not going to war with bullets pf?

btw, what does your poker coach think of your ability to dump AA preflop?

Believe me, people do not THINK you are an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you should not assume anything..cause when you do you make and ass out of you and me......75% is not even close....AA against lets say KK, 89s, and 10Jo is only going to win about 51% of the time. A coin flip..not worth going all in the first hand of a tournament for.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off: I don't get why so many people are upset with this dude, just because he provides ridiculous advice. Secondly: It IS absolutely ridiculous advice. How can one pass up 3:1 odds on a 1:1? That would be ludicrous. In fact, you're passing up more than that, as amassing a large stack allows you to push everyone around pretty much at will for a good while, thus making you likely to amass even more chips than you otherwise would be able to.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 PM

This is without a doubt the funniest post of the year! You win the prize whomever you are. Congratulations!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:34 AM

All kidding aside, I have to agree with the popular opinion of passing aces preflop maybe 1 time in 1000, IF EVER.
Even against 3 or 4 callers.
What *IF* you got called by 4 other players preflop and they held in sucession, KK KK QQ QQ, or AK AK QQ QQ, etc etc.....not totally inconcievable as weve all seen AA vs AA or KK vs KK preflop one time or another.
You'd basically be passing up increasing your chip stack by 500% as a 98% favorite PREFLOP against the field COMBINED !!!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:07 AM

OK guys, here is your opportunity of a lifetime!!! I will be on Poker Stars Wednesday night...playing Sit and Go tournaments. Anyone who wants to join me in a game and take my money is welcome to come!!!! Check around 7:00 pm eastern standard time. My screen name there is mscaces35....See you Wednesday [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
playing Sit and Go tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is the MULTI TABLE TOURNAMENT forum.
Closed Thread