Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: online poker theory

[ QUOTE ]
Oringal Poster. Your wrong and if your of age to gamble legally that's sad. If your ten then you may be bright for your age.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH lol
Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 PM

my evidence is that many people were able to win at first....for months or years....and then it started to all go bad. y did it take PP so long to put in blackjack? Any1 who has played BJ on PP knows it is obviously rigged....and if they can rig the BJ y not the poker? Now I'm sure that all of u who replied win thousands a week on PP cuz no1 ever loses on here. And i wanted ur opinions on this topic.....not smartass remarks.....and u want me 2 prove my theory exists...y dont u prove 2 me it doesnt? Perhaps the reason people are turned away is cuz people like u arent able to openly engage in a meaningful dialogue in a civil manner. If u dont like my idea thats fine....just say so and tell me y? that should be ez right?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 AM

The bj game that party had on was so bad they did not need to rig it.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:40 AM

The burden of proof is on you since you are the one making the assertion homie.

However . . . since all the sites operate internationally why would they rig it and screw all their other clients in the process just to get at the US players? It sounds like your theory is on shakey ground right there since the companies still risk ruin if their scam ever got found out. BTW, they are NOT rigged since any number of statistics from many online players would have already demonstrated such (in addition to any independent firms doing analysis).

As for people not being able to win, well that is debatable. Some players complain but most of them have obvious gaps in their game and table selection skill. For my part I only started late October/early November online and I have increased my initial investment by over 700%. Of course I only play micros for now ($10 NL and $25 NL) but still, not everyone is losing.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 AM

king, what you write isn't proof. you are simply speculating, you are making claims without real evidence. oh btw, BJ is rigged in favour of the house, did you think u had an edge in it or something?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 AM

What do you think about this whole "man went to the moon" thing?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 AM

Online sites already make plenty of money from the rake, why would they rig it against the player to make a little extra money? And the evidence that you need is numbers and statistics, not speculation. What exactly do you mean by "it all started to go bad"? Also, all BJ games are "rigged" in the sense that the house has an advantage over the player.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 PM

i know that the house has at least a .42% advantage in BJ....but do u really think thats all that PP had? and lets say u get AK over 99.....that is roughly 13-12 in favor of the 99.....lets say 50% for conveince sake......now lets say u win 1 hand...a small pot....then the next time this scenario comes up you flop an A and the guy goes crazy raising and rivers a 9 and beats u.....the initial stats look ok.....u were a ~48% favorite and u won 1 out of 2.....but maybe it is rigged that u win the small and lose the big.....poker bots do exist, right.....so y cant PP have house bots that adjust to the cards that the players get
Old 12-29-2006, 05:10 PM

Have you considered that more bad players are discovering online poker every day? Bad players don't "get" the game and only think about their own hands instead of their opponents hands.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:38 PM

dude, what you don't realize is that poker sites don't have to cheat. almost all poker players will lose their money anyway....without the help of rigged outcomes.