Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: bankroll for 1/2 6max

ban op

troll
Old 12-28-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and as for your salary, if you make $1 mil or more and less than $10 mil, you make 7 figures. not over 7 figures. if you make $10 mil or more, you make over 7 figures. very easy to understand. you are a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, been a while since I've had compensation conversations outside my industry, with folks that are not used to talking in these terms. My apologies. Let me better explain .

Industry standard is that 7 figures is 1mm. If you are over 7-figures, it is standard convention that you are talking over 1mm, but certainly less then 10mm. Other euphemisms for 1mm: a stick, a buck, 2 commas. If you are over 7-figures, a stick, a buck, 2 commas, then you are over 1mm, but not at 10. 10mm would simply be referred to as 10 bucks, and as you point out, is an entirely different level
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lestat, below is my first replay to Stinky. I would not characterize my response as being a smart @ss. i tried to keep it civil, but Stinky and his staked-boyfriend Pokerbob, decided to be a$$holes..

stinkypete, this question was not posed to be about me specifically, but generally wondering what folks this about necessary bank roll. no need to be so personal. I'm not looking for advice on my specific bank roll because frankly, i dont' have one. I play high stakes games, managed to win around 2bb/100 over the last 6 years, but i have no "roll" per se. If i dump 60k, so be it. My day job more then covers this + my family's lifestyle. But its amazing to me that folks have 800k dedicated to playing the 1/2 game on stars, sitting around in online accounts. this is a horribly inefficient use of funds. I found that suggestion mind boggling. perhaps i'm naive, but curious to know what kind of bankroll is average for this population (in terms of bb).

[/ QUOTE ]

*edit: THIS IS ENON. FORGOT THAT DC WAS LOGGED IN.

Hey dude, I think I'm the one who suggested 1000 bb at the table that night. I probably should have just kept my mouth shut and not discussed this stuff at all but it was a friendly table and I was in a chatty mood.

I'm not a huge numbers guy but when it comes to playing pretty tough 1/2 games, I've known a few very good winning players who have gone on 500 bb slides in a short period of time. This fact combined with my lower tolerance for swings relative to bankroll led me to suggest the 1000 bb figure for playing the 1/2 game on a regular basis. But depending on the multitude of personal factors people have already brought up, somewhere from 500-1000 bb seems fine.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:09 PM

QuadT: You aren't accepting private messages. Can you shoot me a PM?

*edit, can you change your preferences? Tried to reply to your PM but system won't let me.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:10 PM

thanks Dcif. It was friendly table...our conversation just happened to spark my curiosity at the time. Thought I would solicit opinions here as well. thanks for expressing yours.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tex, I have no idea how you guys manipulated that link, but good on you. if you read my read post just prior to your manipulated link, it is clear the second fabricated post is not me. Certainly not my writing style. Furthermore, if you go to "show all of users posts", that fabricated post is not there. But good on you for the nice attempt. I never play NL, for what its worth

Lestat, in your scenario i suppose that would be marginally acceptable. However, how much would you plan to borrow against that 500k of equity? and what do you do if you hit a bad streak? or if the housing market continues to soften and now you are in negative equity? counting on paper wealth is equally dangerous, in my view. In my industry, and can tell you several stories of folks that changed lifestyles based on paper wealth, only to have it all evaporate before they realized the gains. I think there are better alternatives out there. Perhaps i'm being overly conservative.

Limitninja, i'm certainly not advocating borrowing for the sake of your bankroll. quite the contrary. Play within yourself...be patient. its the hardest thing to do in the world...but no question in my mind, it is the correct way to go about it

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, i didn't manipulate the post. only a moderator (maybe) could do that.

and if you look at all of your posts, it is there.

the only explanation is that you quoted it and then took the quotes out of it, but i assure you it is in your post history, unadulterated.

also, never brag about your salary. no one cares, and you're probably lying, so we're going to flame anyone who shows up talking about 1-2 and how they make mill's.

we dont care but we like to poke fun with a vocal blow torch.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, never brag about your salary. no one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. Quad cares, and we are all very impressed that he allegedly makes lots of dollars. we obviously should all bow down to his greatness, because clearly money=greatness.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:11 PM

Just note that I only brought up my earnings after being berated by bob and stinky about bankroll mgmt blah blah blah. flame away, that is fine. I'm a big boy and I understand. I'd be p!ssed too if I were pokerbob looking for someone to stake me in 1/2.
Bob how's that working out anyways? any updates for us, please?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM

Tex, that first post is clearly not me...I have no idea how you guys made it attributed to me. clearly not my writing style, and certainly not a logical sequence given my real post right before that
Old 12-28-2006, 07:16 PM

Actually, i really don't care what other people make. If you win a 10k tourney..great..more power to you. My earnings are average for my peer group, and now that I'm abroad in Europe, I'm actually on the low end. But i am humored how my US tax bill is atleast twice what Pokerbob and stinky (combined) hope to make a year.
Closed Thread