Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Gigabet Match 5 of the $22s - Analyze his heads up play

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently this is too complicated for you tho' and taps into critical thinking skills that you don't have...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is obviously correct. You are talking about some very complicated stuff here, that was never heard before. it is way way over my head. Maybe one day I'll understand tho, and maybe even curtains will too, and many others here who have spent many months thinking about this stuff but never really understood any of it very clearly.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 AM

I have a question for you Praying Mantis, and I am being serious about it. I see what you are saying but was wondering if you knew that your opponent literally never raised, ever, before the flop, but would call with a very wide range, how would you play? Surely you are passing up better chances by simply pushing pre-flop.

I do not mean to simplify this question, but am just trying to understand it better. And I also do not think it is too outrageous to claim that opponents never raise pre-flop, because it happens all the time at the $11s. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 AM

For the sake of humanity, let's hope...
Old 02-09-2006, 01:05 AM

If I told PrayingMantis that I'd either give him $5 today or $500 tomorrow, he'd take the $5 today and justify it by saying that it's never okay to pass up a +EV proposition.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I told PrayingMantis that I'd either give him $5 today or $500 tomorrow, he'd take the $5 today and justify it by saying that it's never okay to pass up a +EV proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's saying that's not the situation.

I'm starting to see why curtains was frustrated with me. Maybe I owe him an apology :/
Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 AM

If he never raises PF but only limps or something you can and should push against his limp with a wide range.

If he always folds pf when first to act, i.e, practically sitting out when on btn, I can't see how he's also calling with a wide range as you say. Generally, you can adjust your pushing range according to his calling range. If he's a very loose caller you should obviously narrow your pushing range according to blinds. But there will still be a point when you will be making unexploitable pushes, and the fact that he's not aggressive otherwise will not change much because you are not able to steal from him easily if he's a calling station.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In your hypo imagine the 500 tomorrow is 1 in 1000...thats what everyone is talking about.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently this is too complicated for you tho' and taps into critical thinking skills that you don't have...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is obviously correct. You are talking about some very complicated stuff here, that was never heard before. it is way way over my head. Maybe one day I'll understand tho, and maybe even curtains will too, and many others here who have spent many months thinking about this stuff but never really understood any of it very clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Please stop taking so many breaks from the forum PM. You're one of the good ones.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then do it, ill front you the $5 if you are right.