Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: canterbury?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Guys,
How is the 7 card stud and 7 hi-lo?
I've never tried these and was wondering if the same tight nits play in these games as well.
Any info is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

both are rare.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 PM

I wouldn't say it's rare. Usually a game running on the weekends. Almost always 7 card stud (Hi) 2/4 limit. Most of the time half of the table are guys playing while waiting for a Hold'em seat.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 PM

What is there to eat inside or around canterbury, what are options and prices looking like?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:42 PM

CULVERS AND MICKEYDZ YO
Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is there to eat inside or around canterbury, what are options and prices looking like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt really a whole lot in the immediate Canterbury area for food outside of the McDonalds & Culvers, lots more if you head north out of cbury towards shakopee

Their menu in the poker room is really good IMO and prices are fair - I personally like the food a lot although I know some dont like it, so just try it out and decide for yourself

Also late night buffet specials are also fun at times but I would caution you to eat those while its fresh and new as getting in on it during the last 10 minutes is -EV within a few hours of doing so

Also good to hear Jerry and Harold are still around that H/L game - what a miserable time - I still have a part of me that wants to try to beat that game but after i tried for about 2 months playing every friday for 8+ hours I just gave up, its so dumb when a jackpot hits and people get there $150 table share and the game breaks... I had moved up there from Iowa where we had super soft H/L games but I moved to 6-12 HE and up to 15-30 HE, very good games, dont be afraid to table change, especially on fridays or saturdays as there is probably always a really good game going, you might have to look for it though
Old 12-29-2006, 03:21 AM

Watching the 6:30AM 2/4 7stud game is pure hilarity.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:41 AM

I don't know about every day, but $4/8 O/8 does run regularly, and as others have indicated, it may be the worst game in the country. They get $6/12 stud/8 going once in a while, usually on weekends, and that includes a lot of the same players. Usually, you'll see one or the other, but not both. Which game goes depends some on which jackpot is bigger.

Since someone asked about stud, $2/4 stud used to go every day. Everything about the game sucks, but it's still decently profitable. $6/12 stud and stud/8 sometimes go on weekends. Again, it will be one or the other. It's pretty rare that you'll see more than 2-3 games that aren't limit hold'em, and sometimes there are none.

[ QUOTE ]
Their menu in the poker room is really good IMO and prices are fair

[/ QUOTE ]

Egads. The food is OK and overpriced. Whoever wrote this has clearly never been to a real restaurant. For food outside of CP, Culver's and McDonald's are right there, and if you go one exit south, there are other options. Applebee's is the only thing that I can think of right now.

Anyway, be prepared to play all the limit hold'em you can stand, and arrive fed.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 PM

I personally think the food is good, especially the nightly buffets. The food is kinda pricy bust still reasonable, it is a card room so it should be expected, and i have seem much worse.

TIP: Try the Rueben
Old 12-29-2006, 04:35 PM

When we went to canterbury last month for a few days, I basically lived off the chicken fingers in the poker room and the breakfest special thingie..

The food there was amazing in my opinion hahah.

And the omaha 10/20 went on monday when we were there and looked quite nitty.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:58 AM

The Reuben may well be the best thing they have there. I've certainly had better Reubens, however.