Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 AM

Default 25NL Trips OOP

Villian is 60/10/1.56 over 35 hands

Comments on any street welcomed.
It looks like I'm screwed on the turn, but can you ever fold this considering the possibly of a split pot?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($9.10)
MP ($43.11)
Button ($25.15)
Chris ($25.10)
BB ($25.25)

Preflop: Chris is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Chris posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Chris (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Chris bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Chris raises to $5</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($12) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Chris bets $7</font>, MP calls $43.11 (All-In)
Old 12-28-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: 25NL Trips OOP

I can't
Old 12-28-2006, 12:31 AM

I can't possibly put villain on a fullhouse or A6 here. There are just too many donkeys online for me to give this guy that kind of credit. Call, holla.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 AM

this can be a very well played bluff. If you have a Q, K is a scare card. If you have a 6, there is a possibility you are beat.

By the way he played this, I don't see a 6 in his holding. I would more likely to believe a slow played big PP or AK or KQ. Of course a bluff is a HUGE possibility.. Reason I don't think he has a 6 is that, if he did, why would he call your raise instead of raise it up again? Why did he wait till the turn before moving in? That to me makes little sense other than he misclicked on the flop.

On the contrary, usually when someone acts first and RR on the flop then bets out on the turn, most people would give that player respect. He didn't give you any. So he has a monster. The question is how smart is this player? Also, why would you raise all-in if you have this strong of a hand? A King came, if you had a Queen, there would be no action. An overbet basically stops all action. Bad players tend to do this type of play with monsters or a bluff. He is basically saying "I have a monster hand or I have nothing".

Honestly I really see that he'll have AK or KQ here a lot of the time. So many players overplay these and ignore the trips on the board. And like you said, if he has a 6, if he doesn't have 6K, 6Q or 6A, it's a split pot given he doesn't limp his high PPs.

I'll call here, because your pot equity is higher than 50% imo.

Oh ya, one comment, bet bigger on the flop. That bet is like a min raise, it doesn't help him fold if he has no hand(this in turns give him a chance to bluff you with nothing).
Old 12-28-2006, 12:51 AM

I beat him into the pot and it's not even funny. With no other read other than those stats, which to me indicate some postflop aggression, I'm in there.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:59 AM

The completion PF is ok, bet out on flop is good, and I would probably reraise a little bigger, $7 I guess.

Now, since he called us here, we basically turned our hand face up, but against most donks, they dont want to look at our cards for some reason. They dont care about our hand, they only care for their own, and this villain seems to like his hand, but not a lot.

So lets assume he is a standard donkey, then this line screams bluff/Q and most likely KQ. I would call this as there is already $39 in there and you have to call $13 and he has boat/A6/K6/Q6 like never. This could be hands like AQ, KQ, maybe even AA and many 6x hands you split with.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 60/10/1.56 over 35 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot but I call here everytime and clench my teeth.
Raise the flop for a bit more, 7 or 8 I like more than 5.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 AM

Raise more on the flop. On this board, I'm most likely playing for stacks as well.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 AM

blah, I think I'd call flop and bet turn, maybe fold to a raise I dunno.

Your 3bet size is yucky IMO, I think you should make it a lot bigger, like 8 or 10. I never 3bet flops tho. I'd probably only do it with A6 or K6 or Q6. Yeah I'm pretty nitty most of the time.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM

About my flop raise, yes it could have been larger than pot size, but it need not be big for sake of protection. I'm either WA/WB. I rather make a callable raise if he has a queen.