Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Never played Stars, just how good are FPPs?

OnlinePro:

<< 93,430 VPP earned ( Ive also played a few tournaments, but not many )

I am platinum so multiply by 2.5 = 225,000 FPP >>

Based on your stats, a supernova would earn 63.9%. The tournament fees would have to be taken out as well. That said, I didn't think the % was this high for being a SN.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:47 PM

Rowdy my calculations were based on Contributed rake. I need to redo them with MGR.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 PM

where are you getting 63% from?

He paid about $8100 in rake.
He earned about $3100 in FPP's.

This is not 63%.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Microbob:

<< where are you getting 63% from? >>

In my post, I mentioned as "a supernova." He said he was platinum. Platinum = 2.5/per. Supernova is 3.5/per.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 PM

yiikes. i'm an idiot.

sorry. yeah, it appears you're right.

I'm not sure how the PT calculates the rake.
If it is contirubted rake as onlinepro says then that is also why it is so high for him.
He has stated in a different thread that his numbers on 5/10 limit full-ring are 11/10.
So he's really not puting very much into the pot at all obviously so isn't contributing much rake.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is more then equivilent in my opinion... here are some things i have disucessed with the vip boys at PS...

Ok, u want to play the 500$ or the 1k tourny they run monthly quaterly...

You can buy (2) 215$ tickets at 13k a piece 1.59c on the dollar, then if yer platnum or better u can use them and pay the difference with cash... theres one way of getting a return in cash... (if u plan on playing the big tournys anyhow....)

2) get 180k fpps, and they are worth 3grand.... you can get anything u want practically... If they cant get if for you, YOU buy it (credit card is fine), send them a statement and they credit yer account with cash.
I recently talked to PSVIP peeps and they said they would be willing make accomidations to pay off my tuition debt of 5k for whatever the FPP conversion is."hence im buying an education" (probably around 325k)... this is good as cash for me.... (as id be paying the debt in cash anyhow, get liquid folks)

Thirdly dont look at the cash u can buy in the stores for FPP thats a scam for dummies, not 2p2ers. There is way better ways to get equity out of yer FPPS....

this coupled with the reasons someone stated before make stars a win-win situation. The game selection aside they RB is very "equivalent" to RB.

think outside the box.

[/ QUOTE ]If all this is true,its alot better than other things ive heard.It seems strange that they will pay student loans,tuition "anything u want practically",but wont just give you the cash.Is this true,i can write them a wish list,anything goes as suggested?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you've "heard", but the concept of a concierge service is obviously to get whatever you want. I'm sure there are some limitations, but they will do whatever they can do to try and accomodate you...since...that's...what...a...concierge...serv ice...is...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its true iv done the (2)215 tickets + cash to buyinto the 5+30 before. saving for my tuition thing; but they said they will.... they just really dont want to give you cash.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 PM

ok the actual MGR was 13,100. So substitute that number instead of the 8100 number.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:44 AM

Default Just curious...

OK, I understand that for those who have to pay taxes (mostly americans), you HAVE to pay taxes on everythig you gain by playing poker. This is your winning, bonuses, RB, jackpots, whatever.

Now since all the above mentioned things are money, which in most (all?) cases are put directly into your poker account, the tax thing is easy. Therefore, those of you who have to pay and actually do pay taxes will do so for all the possible ways of income by playing poker.

Now I also do understand that you HAVE to pay taxes on all the things you buy via FPP. There might be a difference though in handling IMHO. Now donīt get me wrong, Iīm certainly not calling on somebody to mess with the IRS, but I could imagine in my sick brain that somebody actually forgot to mention a $500 gift card from Amazon (or whatever) to add to his poker winnings. And if so, the IRS might have hard times to get this to its knowledge. Actually, I wouldnīt see any way for them to do it, unless they screen the computer for deleted messages, which is hardly likely.

Am I wrong here? This would make the FPP system a pretty good deal for those who suffer on Alzheimerīs disease while filling their tax computations.

NOTE: Donīt assume that I ever did anything like this. Iīm european and therefore donīt have to pay taxes on my poker winnings.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 AM

Small question about the concierge service. What if the item you want is a little less than $3,000 USD? Let's say it's a Tag Heuer watch valued at $2.3k, do you just ask them for another item worth $700 and that's how you use the service or does it have to be a singular item?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Just curious...

Martin, please don't suggest that other people should cheat on their taxes...