Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Party Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda confused? Are you looking for help/suggestions or trying to provide it?

BTW, ... but I find it hard to believe that table selection at the nickle/dime tables are that tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that AFAIK there are better places to go than party poker. As I have very little experience i must admitt that this may not be true!

EDIT: bravo: just read your second post ignore this one!

@ AussieBattler: I find its a bit difficult clearing the Bonus at 0.05/0.10 but mor because i only can play for one or two hours a day! If I am clearing a Bonus I move up to 0.10/0.20 the competition is not harder there and clearing the bonus is so easy that even I can do it, without losing any of my bankroll.
I am not sure why there are so many german at party, notice that I am one of them. Could be because they were first to sent comercials on television and promoted poker-events. The other poker sites (888 and Pokerstars) started their "promotions" later than party poker.
Any other german here to approve?

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for the feedback B_Ling, Varian etc . Please dont see my other post as complaining. truth be told, the fact that there is a busload of bonuses at party that can be cleared at 0.25/0.5 is like giving us free money.

oh and gotta [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Hoff
Old 12-26-2006, 07:01 PM

Since I dont have TV, I dont know if there is a lot of advertising for Party. But I once heard that there is a site called www.pokerstrategy.de which offers you some $100 buy-in (for Party only) and tutoring to work your way through the stakes.
But I dont trust this site because I cannot see why they would give you $100 + tutoring without anything in return.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:16 PM

I just cleared a bonus on Party a few days back. I've rarely seen such terrible players. It's very true that the tables are usually very tight, but that is not because players play a TAG style but rather that their only way of participating in a hand is by a raise. About 50-70% of the players at your table have stats like 15/14/0.7. Which, of course is riddiculously easy to exploit. They usually have only a very dim idea about postflop play and keep betting once they raised pf, usually all the way.
Limping with a small PP, I found myself calling down against the obligatory LP-Raiser every time. Just to find out that he raised QTs and bet every street ui.
It's of course a very ugly version of Poker and you are more or less cruising in the dark as the actual play tells you very little and you have to simply go by their opening ranges most of the time, but if you do that and just play solid poker, it's just as bad as it ever was.

Also, if you just insist of limping with your limping hands (even though you're the only one on the table), the play slowly starts diversifying. Once someone limped, people don't try their obligatory blind steal anymore, people behind you are more prone to limp themselves etc. So, while it's no problem playing against the usual fold-fold-raise-fold-fold game, by mixing your play, you can then shape the table slowly into a relatively normal 30VPIP game.