Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: lololololo annie duke is RETARDED on national tv

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and over here it was a brief segment in our national lottery draw show, how the hell did it get tranformed into a full half hour show in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, that makes so much more sense.

All, I was not trying to say the "LUV" thing is totally trivial, but it was given as an example of a "hard" question which it clearly is not. For example, on jeopardy almost every question is harder than that one.

Now let us get back to agreeing that Annie Duke is lame.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:37 AM

I agree Annie is lame.

I also think it's lame to think anyone is stupid for not knowing the Southwest thing. I'm kind of dumb in some areas but I don't live in a cave.
This is not something I knew and obviously from the responses in this thread it apparently isn't common knowledge for many other people either.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:30 AM

This show's not bad. I like it better than Deal or No Deal, since there's an actual skill component, the contestants aren't chosen solely for their ability to act like obnoxious idiots, and there aren't equally obxnoxious family members on stage frothing at the mouth every time something happens.

I don't think the difficulty of the questions is so out of whack. Compare it to Who Wants to be a Millionaire. On that show, the first five questions are a cakewalk, and they don't start to get noticably difficult until around question 7-9 or so. On 1 vs 100, most contestants are content to quit after the first 6 or 7 questions (this is the main problem with the game) so we often don't get to see the hard ones. And of course much more time is allocated to the first five questions on 1 vs. 100 as opposed to Millionaire. So it looks like a much easier show but I'm not so sure it is.

lol @ the Hooters girls mention. They were every bit as dumb as the stereotype would lead you to believe. Most of them were decimated by a simple math question involving money. Yes, the stuff they are exchanging with customers all day.

I couldn't believe 50+ people get the sleigh question wrong. You would think for that to happen, there would have to be something deceptive in the wording of the question, but I haven't figured it out.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 AM

The best I saw was:
You should use which of the following to put out a kitchen fire -
a) water
b) baking soda
c) gasoline

2 people said gasoline. They asked one of them why. "I don't know, I don't spend much time in kitchens."
Old 12-27-2006, 11:12 AM

You people don't realize this question is impossible for Annie Duke. She is definitely female and as such has never gotten her bumper near perpendicular to a curb when parallel parking.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best I saw was:
You should use which of the following to put out a kitchen fire -
a) water
b) baking soda
c) gasoline

2 people said gasoline. They asked one of them why. "I don't know, I don't spend much time in kitchens."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

wow
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and over here it was a brief segment in our national lottery draw show, how the hell did it get tranformed into a full half hour show in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i'm trying to figure out. how can anyone sit through a full hour of those ridiculous overly dramatic pauses? after 10 minutes of that and bob saget i want to put a gun to his head. i mean my head.

quote from saget on 1 v 100 after a ridiculously easy math question: "oh it looks like we've lost the rest of the Hooter's girls." says it all right there.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people don't realize this question is impossible for Annie Duke. She is definitely female and as such has never gotten her bumper near perpendicular to a curb when parallel parking.

[/ QUOTE ]

nicely put
Old 12-27-2006, 03:14 PM

i saw most of this show. Every single question before the airline question was very easy. I kept thinking to myself "that cant be the right answer cuase its too obvious". Sure enough it was the most obvious answer every time. When it got to the airline question i had no clue. I was debating between the one that started with luf being the most obvious but maybe a trick cuase of the stage of the game. So no, that question wasnt easy and i can see many people getting that wrong on a guess. I think i went with the first answer just because every other answer in the game was the most obvious. = trick question. And a huge LOL to the hooters girls. the question was something like "if you had a nickel for every dime thats in a dollar how much money would you have?"
Old 12-27-2006, 03:26 PM

nickel = 5c?
dime = 10c?

Assuming above is right, then its 50c right? Or am i missing something like its a trick question that you worded wrong and they are the same?

Kinda like what weighs more, a tonne of feathers or a tonne of anvils?