Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Poker in Lake Tahoe

The wife and I will be going to Lake Tahoe over President's weekend. We're staying at the Hyatt Regency in North Lake Tahoe. Can anybody tell me anything about the Hyatt's poker room or any other nearby rooms? What games are spread, limits, etc? Thanks for any advice/opinions.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Poker in Lake Tahoe

I was there last week and I didn't see a poker room. They have table games and slots just off the entrance. There is a poker room at the Cal-Neva but I have never been.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:56 PM

i called there today and they told me that they spread 10-20 holdem and crazy pineapple. However, she didn't seem that knowledgable and 10-20 being the only holdem limit they spread seems a bit high.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:13 PM

When I was there last summer, the Hyatt spread a 4/8 limit hold'em game with 2/2 (or is it 1/2? don't recall exactly. I also don't remember if there was a kill, but that is likely) blinds, 2 to call, a raise is to 6, so it was normal to have 37 people limp pre-flop at a ten handed table. The also spread a 10/20 crazy pineapple hi-lo game. The 4/8 game was typically weak for a live low limit hold-em game. The crazy pineapple game was full of regulars according to the floorman. I sat in on the 4/8 game. I put my name on the list for 10/20, but never got called.

Most of the good poker action is at South shore. Harveys has 3/6 Limit hold'em and 2/3 300 max NLHE. They get a 2/5 blind NLHE going too. Across the street, Montbleu (formerly Cesaer's) has daily tournaments and some low limit hold-em.

The south shore is about a 20-30 minute drive from Incline Village (the Hyatt).
Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 AM

We usually stay at the Hyatt a few times a year, and as crashjr said they do have 4/8 limit and 10/20 Crazy Pineapple. The blinds are 1/2 in the 4/8 with a half-kill (I think it's a half-kill). The games have always been soft when I've been there.
I've played the Crazy Pineapple a few times, it is mostly regulars - mostly tight players but with a few loose ones too who love to raise it up.
The Hyatt usually has a couple of tournaments during the week, both Limit and NL - it seems the buy-in was around $50.00 or so.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:43 AM

i just played in a great 20/40 game in peppermill, reno... i think it's normally 10/20, kill except on fri/sat when it turns into 20/40.... there's also 4/8, and a 2/3/5 nl...

maybe it's too far for you to drive... i stayed in carson city, and that was close enuff for the action... i highly recommend the game though...
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 AM

Best poker action in Tahoe is Harvey's. It is south shore, and it is winter, so traveling might be a problem, but if you can make it, it is worth the drive.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:03 AM

Peppermill (Reno) is now successfully spreading a $5-$10 NL game Wed/Fri/Sat I think. People are buying in between $500- $2000 They are taking $5 time/30 min.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best poker action in Tahoe is Harvey's. It is south shore, and it is winter, so traveling might be a problem, but if you can make it, it is worth the drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I first played at Harvey's a year and a half ago when I honestly was pretty crappy at poker myself. I still cleaned up in the 3/6 game. Full of a bunch of Bay Area/Sacramento tourists looking for a good time; they don't care too much about playing well.