Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Very strange Flop Spot

Problem here is that villain is .46 flop aggression over 2000 hands
He is a 34.2 vpip 2.0 pfr .68 total aggr.
Normally I have NO problem shoving here 4 times on Sunday but this guy is obviously not shoving air.

I had a lot of maneuverability on this flop with the pot so small and I thought about just calling his re-raise but it seemed counterintuitive.

Help me play this one better (if possible)

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $117.75
UTG+1: $70.40
MP1: $26.45
MP2: $194.80
CO: $102.90
Button: $116.85
SB: $131.15
Hero: $133.35

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $14</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $49</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $69.4</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $142.3

Does he just have a combo draw too often to not shove? Should I be looking at a turn card before committing against someone so tight? If so, which turn cards are you looking for?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Very strange Flop Spot

Shove it. You ahead of A2 w/ the flush draw and A2/ the straight draw. Your also not doing to bad against A256. You have counterfeit protection. Just stick it in and don't over think, your definately ahead of his range.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:29 PM

Completely agree. Gutshot, couterfeit protection, bdfd (hey thats like 2.5%, it matters), tptk, I really like to get it in here. You gotta think a2kk is a possibility but not overly because I would have expected a preflop raise same with aa2x, so I think that leaves us with a2hhxx/a34hhx and some combination of set/twopair + top three low draw

Get it in
Old 12-26-2006, 04:01 PM

Why is there no PFR?

-ZEN
Old 12-26-2006, 04:18 PM

to the posters who want to shove-

you can get it in on the turn, or you can fold to a Qh, Jh, Th, 9h, etc.

I don't like re-raising here at all.

His numbers indicate he never plays a flop fast. He's ahead of you when he re-raises the pot here.

Exercise some pot control. Just call, get away from some turn cards, but unless you make NL w/ two pair on the turn and it doesn't make a flush, or you hit your gutter, i'd still check call. looks like with these stacks it's all getting in no matter what, but you get my point.

the guy is not agg. on flops- this means he has a fire breathing monster.

i dont fault you for playing it like you did, but given this info a call of his raise saves you a lot of $$$ when the turn comes nasty, and you're still likely to get it all in when the turn comes pretty.

dont gamble, just use your head.

call.

no re-raise.

i know that if you added 3 zeros to the end of these stack sizes your answers would be MUCH more timid than what they really are.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:40 PM

Thanks for advice guys. I feel like if this guy was an unknown or an aggressive player then I can shove w/o a problem . I like seeing a turn here to make a decision. I did get all in and he had me in terrible shape with AK52 and he ended up scooping. I'm not trying to be results oriented but I still think I could've gotten away from a 5 on the turn for a PSB. (Of course if he has just a high hand he might be able to get away from my outs)