Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 08:34 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.
Default Re: Things That Are Gay About OOT

focus on the POSITIVE! like the day you almost convinced people that going on OOT strike and not posting for a whole day would be an amazing accomplishment!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
southerners are unevolved, thus incapable of being funny

You're a [censored] douche, have you even been to the south, or are you too evolved to actually have to see things firsthand before you make uneducated comments about them?

At least where I live I dont have rats the size of terriers, crackheads on every street (not in NYC, I mean sox fans), and when I walk outside I dont get the lovely aroma of feces and smog.

eat a dick.

EDIT: edited to say that I really love the north, but this guy pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you didn't notice my location, I live in Virginia Beach, which happens to be in the south. Lighten the [censored] up.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have a smartass culture in the northeast, so if you try to be funny and it bombs you'll hear about it. Therefore, we are quicker to learn the kind of goofy [censored] that just doesn't fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have lived in connecticut, new york, florida, texas, oklahoma, nebraska, arizona and california...the northeast isn't any different than anywhere else other than it is true that everyone thinks they are funny.

humor comes in all different types, southerners have that slow southern draw and many can be funny just by the way they tell a story. i agree with you that northeasterners are smart-asses which is another type of humor. when i lived out on the west coast, the guys out there would do outlandish stunts and a lot of physical comdey. so for you to think that b/c you are a smart-ass that you are funnier than everyone else is very linear thinking, move around the world and you will find different ways to be funny other than just being a prick.

as for what i think, i don't believe any region is particularly funnier than another. i have found morons that thought they were funny but weren't and also hilarious persons in every state/region i have lived in.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko, where in connecticut? I was born in Waterbury.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 PM

TME - just heard an argument for the Midwest from my buddy - "Midwesterners are funniest cause there's nothing to do there and they have a 'rich inner life'. Same is true for Canadians." Haha ok I say them then.

Your point makes total sense - but you're clearly funny, and while the NE may have been a good place for you to hone your skills, you're not funny cause of the NE is really all I'm trying to say.

-Al
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tdarko, where in connecticut? I was born in Waterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

new haven. my roomate while i was there had his entire family from waterbury, i went with him a few times...before i was ever in connecticut i just assumed there were no rough areas, well i was wrong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 02-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Tdarko - first week of living in New Haven I was at the Chapel Square Mall to buy some baseball cleats and witnessed a gang shoot-out. Awesome. I'd say Waterbury's got nothing on New Haven. I do miss the pizza though.

-Al
Old 02-08-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-5 page long pretentious movie reviews

[/ QUOTE ]

These are definately getting annoying. It's one thing if the movie is new out, and someone wants to know what a movie was like from a normal human perspective instead of a film snob perspective. But the ones that are going on about old movies and movies that no one has ever heard of, it's a bit ridiculous. If you want your voice to be heard, go post on a message board about movies. A lot of them are just pretentious, "look how big my e-penis is when it comes to movies" threads. That being said, I know I don't have to look at them, and don't. But they just clutter up the forum when we could be talking about poop.

[ QUOTE ]
-Dynasty

[/ QUOTE ]
My god yes. His threads are gay.

P.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:58 PM

All,

I just want to point out that bruiser recently posted that he has gotten laid multiple times already.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TME - just heard an argument for the Midwest from my buddy - "Midwesterners are funniest cause there's nothing to do there and they have a 'rich inner life'. Same is true for Canadians." Haha ok I say them then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like midwesterns a great deal. They have nothing to do so they're up for anything. On the flipside of my ealier point they aren't venomously judgemental of each other like we are, which is nice for a change.

As far as canadians go, look at how many comedians are from there, pretty good per capita.

I also like how this thread has been hyjacked to such a degree.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Those crazy Canadians are friggin hilarious.