Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Unimproved AK

**Grunch**

Yeah i don't feel to confident in my responce here and im interested in what others have said thus far.

I'm pretty sure I would bet this flop, call a raise then check/fold turn UI. As played I would fold to a turn bet. River I do think you bet out here as villian might check behind fearing an Ace.

K... now for me to find out how wrong this responce is! lol
Old 12-26-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What smart, observant opponents? I don't mix up my play unless I find a reason to mix it up. I'll wait until I see an exploitable edge before I make an abnormal play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to say, you do not switch up your play unless you have observed a player. And using your intelligence and reason, concluded that using a "non-standard" play would result in a positive expectation in a particular hand?

This sir, makes you a smart and observant opponent.

Let me clarify my statement. If you're going to do something other than the standard play (check/fold) on the turn in this hand - do it for a good reason.

For example: You believe Button will fold his 2nd/3rd pair or AK to a Turn bet (or check-raise as you propose) more than 1 in 4.75 times.

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't hurt to be a little unpredictable occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I did not mean for this statement to sound like "be unpredictable" just for the sake of being unpredictable.
As stated above, do it for a reason.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:28 AM

Well you have to know your player first. Is he usually aggressive from the button and does he continue on the flop? If he was bluffing pre-flop or just trying to use his positional advantage, I think that he would have bet the Q77 flop when you checked to him. It was a good flop for him if he was on a steal.So chances are he missed it. When you checked the turn and he bet, he probably had something. You then would have to way your odds of winning the pot if you hit the cards your looking for. A king might make his hand if he had KJ, and and ace would if he had AJ. I dont really have an answer for what to do here because you would have to know your player.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:01 AM

Not a big fan of the river bet