Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 03:07 PM

Default Re: My God the Chargers look good

In the rain, on the road vs. a Super Bowl team with everything to play for, loudest crowd in NFL, with WRs Parker, Floyd out, McCardell not right, pressured all game long, all Rivers does is throw for 2 TD, 0 ints, 180 yards, fourth Quarter heroics...

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v...6_eatcrowrandy

He struggled, we all knew that a first year QB would struggle at times. The key is whether he can keep them in the game when its not going right, and then come through when it counts. No turnovers. Nine wins in a row. One game at a time.

D without Castillo, Godfrey looking good. Jacques Cesaire finally getting head of of his ass. Full complement come playoff time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuz...s-go-primetime

thanks to the guys at Chargers.com for the vids.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:06 PM

Rivers played poorly in December after three brilliant months. I think his completion% fell under 50 for the month with this weekend's debacle. 10/30 efforts will not fly in the playoffs.

Vincent Jackson and the Offensive Line played poorly as well. Jackson dropped a lot of passes(the whole team did, even LT) and the OL allowed pressures or sacks on half the pass plays.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rivers played poorly in December after three brilliant months. I think his completion% fell under 50 for the month with this weekend's debacle. 10/30 efforts will not fly in the playoffs.

Vincent Jackson and the Offensive Line played poorly as well. Jackson dropped a lot of passes(the whole team did, even LT) and the OL allowed pressures or sacks on half the pass plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's played poorly. Its cause for some concern the way he rushes and misses under pressure. But he pulls it together in the same game after playing bad. That's important because things don't always go well.

Look at Brees, his numbers look like Rivers' the last two weeks, but he's interviewed on the game today, and nobody says anything and they shouldn't, he's a vet who has lead his team well. Palmer, Romo, look at Big Ben all year including the Super Bowl run, good QB's put up bad numbers. This could be a blessing in disguise since the team and Rivers know that 1-10 can still mean strong finish and victory.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:01 PM

I really hope they rest Tomlinson next week, regardless of the outcome of the Ravens game

AZ at home, SD has to be 2TDs+ favs, and Turner is a beast in his own right, LT is listed as probable so likely could use 2weeks to rest up
Old 12-25-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were a large number of drops on both sides of the ball. The weather played a huge factor.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 AM

If the seahawks had any coverage skills that one [censored] drive, they would've won. ><

The secondary also played the best it did I've seen ever. ZOMG secondary.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 PM

I really hope the Chargers do NOT rest LT this week until they're up by 2 TD's. Chargers need this game if they want to go deep in the playoffs. Homefield is huge, especially for a warm weather team like SD.

BTW, I'm going to the game with my buddy whose uncle is the president of the Chargers tailgating club or something like that. Should be fun.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:33 PM

I'm going to the game too and I'm really excited because this is the first regular season football game I've ever seen (went to one preseason game when I was 14). Anyways, I don't think we're going to be heavy on resting players because we're getting a week off anyways and also because homefield isn't wrapped up.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope the Chargers do NOT rest LT this week until they're up by 2 TD's. Chargers need this game if they want to go deep in the playoffs. Homefield is huge, especially for a warm weather team like SD.

BTW, I'm going to the game with my buddy whose uncle is the president of the Chargers tailgating club or something like that. Should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that LT is a little banged up, has a monster number of touches on the season already, and that SD has a 6+ ypc backup, who has been criminally underused all season long?

LT should get 0carries in this game, he could easily use an extra week off

besides its Arizona at home, its not a tough game
Old 12-29-2006, 09:16 PM

This video I think accurately captures Leinart's reaction when he sees the Bolts on Sunday...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1015166735