Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 11:19 PM

Default !! Policy Regarding Instructional/Software Site Posts !!

All,

I have patiently/repeatedly tried to get clarification from the site admins on how to treat fairly posts which "promote" directly, or indirectly, any "for fee" site. This includes both software and instructional sites. Frankly, it has been a bit frustrating personally.

For reasons yet made clear to me, the two are not often treated the same - inconsistent treatment I myself have given out, due to my own ignorance.

Left with a command decision, the following is my policy:

Links to popular STT software have long been promoted via our stickies, personal references, reviews, etc. I am allowing the same for instructional sites - via the "other..." sticky, and in the "Instructional Sites - Review" thread (also in the sticky).

Posts looking for feedback on specific software have generally been locked. Referring the poster to, what often is available, the sites own forum (or to PM the software creator). In the spirit of "fairness", I have created a "STT Software - Review" thread. All future posts will be locked and directed to this thread.

These threads are for the sole purpose of reviews/review seeking. Blatant "promotion" (read: self-promotion) of such sites is forbidden.

Unique to instructional sites: It's understandable that folks want to post hands from videos. Curtains statement in the latest thread is spot-on - "I don't think 2+2 is supposed to become a private forum [paraphrasing...for instructional sites]".

Allowing such a post here serves a SINGLE PURPOSE -- to benefit the STTF community at large, for it's strategic value. Therefore, they must...

1) have the author's permission to post the material
instructors: feel free to PM me with your blanket approval of any/all future hand posts from your sites

2) meet the hand posting standards set forth in the FAQ (buyin in the title, brief description, complete HH - including stacks/position of all, blinds, known reads, etc.

3) In spirit of the aforementioned "SINGLE PURPOSE", the instructional site may not be mentioned in either the thread title or body. Granted "Curtains Hand" will likely gain you more replies than "AK UTG". The permissions mentioned in (1) implies that use of the authors name in the title is acceptable. So "$114 - Curtains EP AK" is acceptable. "$114 hand on WHATEVER.COM" is not.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. This decision is subject to change obviously - with any current/future rules provided to me by the site admins.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: !! Policy Regarding Instructional/Software Site Posts !!

Still applicable - moved to FAQ. Thanks!
Closed Thread