Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars now supports ePassporte

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of Stars loosening it's "in-and-out-by-same-method" policy? What purpose does that policy serve?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is to avoid money laundering most likely, as well as fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]Plus,i dont see why it would stop you from doing what you wanted to do.Just make a small deposit with EPass,now your able to withdraw,problem solved.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus,i dont see why it would stop you from doing what you wanted to do.Just make a small deposit with EPass,now your able to withdraw,problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't help. Let's say I've deposited 900 with Neteller and 100 with Epass. Now when I withdraw 1000, they send automatically 900 to Net and 100 to Epass.

If both accounts belong to the same individual and have been used for deposits, I don't really see what risk there would be in letting people withdraw to the account of their choosing.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened to you? Could you expand on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

::unlurk::

Disclaimer: I haven't used epass in awhile

...but when I did their customer service was piss poor at best.

The virtual visa comes up as foreign (I think they are in the Caribbean?) and some US sites will not accept it. This issue caused a big hassle for me when I attempted to purchase some computer equipment...basically the site wouldn't accept the card but because they had done the authorization (or whatever it's called when the attempt to verify the card) my funds were locked up...I had to make a half-dozen calls between epass and the site trying to get them to clear the authorization and consequently had about $400 locked up for 3 months (I never actually got the problem resolved, but the authorization cleared automatically after 90 days since the card hadn't been charged).

Last I checked (which was probably about a year ago), the virtual visa worked on amazon, but I'd still recommend proceeding with extreme caution when using epass.

(that said, I don't think they're crooked...just a pain in the ass to deal with if something goes wrong).

J

::relurk::
Old 12-24-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus,i dont see why it would stop you from doing what you wanted to do.Just make a small deposit with EPass,now your able to withdraw,problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't help. Let's say I've deposited 900 with Neteller and 100 with Epass. Now when I withdraw 1000, they send automatically 900 to Net and 100 to Epass.

If both accounts belong to the same individual and have been used for deposits, I don't really see what risk there would be in letting people withdraw to the account of their choosing.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree.For example,i loaded my Epass account dropped $100 into AP with Epass,then three days later i took $1000 out through Epass.AP gives you the option to withdraw to whatever system you like,as long as you have made a deposit with that system in the past.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had to make a half-dozen calls between epass and the site trying to get them to clear the authorization and consequently had about $400 locked up for 3 months

[/ QUOTE ]

The issuing bank of the Visa is from St Kitts. Some dealers require that the credit card is issued from the same country where the customer lives.

The authorization should have been released by the dealer, I don't think Epass can easily do that, as that would kinda cancel the idea of the whole authorization thingy.

Authorizations are released automatically in 30 days. I just experienced this and can confirm that it's 30 days nowadays.

I've been quite happy with Epass and find it superior to Neteller in almost everything.