Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 12:47 AM

Default HH Converter Update (NC)

Sup guys,

I know I've been promising to make the public release soon but that just isn't going to happen. I make more money playing poker so that takes priority and also I have a lot of things to do especially during the holidays. Once I get work and holidays over with I'll have more time.

When I do decide to make a stable release on this, it will:
1) Support FTP AND PokerStars
2) Have a better design
3) All the options will be available and working

I've completely remade the HH parser and output handlers so that it's super easy to expand. Once I am done one site and one output format it will take only a short amount of time to add new sites/formats. This initial build is going to be the most time consuming but it's worth it in the long run.

Current Problems that WILL be addressed by the time I release:
1) Currently it sucks at handling side pots
2) If there is no hero playing the hand it really gets confused (If its an observed HH for ex or if you arent dealt in)
3) If the hand ends before the flop/turn/river it displays a bunch of useless info. (Thx Isura). The hand should end right there.

Also the important thing is the options. The reason I made this thread is to get your input on the options I am creating. What shold be added/deleted from this list and do you have any suggestions or ideas for the current ones?

Assigning Aliases - Allows you to assign aliases to specific players

Hide All Identities - If NOT checked the player names given in the raw HH are displayed. If checked they are replaced with the standard UTG, MP, CO, BTN, SB, BB etc.

Show Results - The results of the hand are shown at the bottom of the hand.

Show Full Board - The turn and river show all cards on board instead of only showing the new cards.

Condense Folds - If there are multiple folds in a row they are condensed into a single statement.

Highlight Bets - Any bets or raises are displayed in a different color so that they stand out.

Show Stacks - Stack sizes are displayed at the beginning of the hand.

Mark Seen Flop - The players stack's that see the flop stand out. ("Show Stacks" must be checked to work)

Mark Went to Showdown - The players stack's that go to showdown stand out. ("Show Stacks" must be checked to work)

Pot Sizes - Before each players action the current pot size is displayed.

Pot Odds - Before each players action the current pot odds they are being offered is displayed (current bet to current pot ratio).

ETA: 2 - 3 weeks
Old 12-24-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: HH Converter Update (NC)

What I'd like to see is actually see the stacks of the involved players at every round right next to the pot. Perhaps only if it's three handed or less so it doesn't get too crowded.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Kinda disapointing there was no interest at all in this post.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:57 PM

I'm interested and use Lego HH converter atm but it's not like we can say much other than, thanks gl, and lets hope you get card dead so you spend more time coding j/k :P
Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM

interest, good luck.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:59 PM

I'd much rather see you open-source your project so that all can participate. Even projects that release freely available code, but have one owner for the code who schedules releases around her availability, don't share the vitality of real open-source projects in my view.

Here's a roll call of hand converters; you might want to add yours to make it easier to find.