Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 PM

Default 10NL, 3 bet with JJ?

I figure I should call the ai 4bet given the pot odds but that I am behind his range (probably, I literally just sat down and all I know about villain is that he just raised me out of a smallish pot by coming over the top of my turn semi-bluff)

Just wanted to hear you thinking on whether to raise pf or call with position. I know I did not want to go ai pf and I would have like to play these ip so I was kind of sad.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $17.05
UTG+1: $4.85
MP1: $8.75
MP2: $8.65
MP3: $7.40
Esmerelda: $5.65
Button: $9.25
SB: $9.30
BB: $3.25

Pre-flop: (9 players) Esmerelda is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda raises to $1.2</font>, 3 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises all-in $7.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda calls all-in $4.45</font>, MP2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $1.75 returned to MP3.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 10NL, 3 bet with JJ?

You only have half a stack! That's really going to mess with stuff. With a full buyin, I'd probaly fold since fools here have such a narrow reraising range. A raise could be anything, but once villian comes over the top, it's -_-. Most likely QQ-AA,AK or something. Unless of course villian has proven himself donkish. You could call in this case but I'm not too comfortable with it.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:26 PM

Yes, i was a little slow on the recharge button. Which is why i considered the call automatic. Interesting that you think it was close and that you would almost always fold for a full stack.

I play at some tables where I see very tight ranges and others where there is a lot of loose agression. I had just sat down but my impression was this guy was aggressive and the table seemed loose. I would have made calling a coin flip if I had him covered cuz these villains love AK in this spot add that to all the bluffs and I think calling is +ev especially cuz the neighborhood bully types like to test the new faces at the table. Not that I had a strong read just that I have seen a fair amount of this and he was behaving in a manner consistent with this possibility.

I am more interested in the arguments for and against raising or flat calling. I kind of expected his rrai adn I thought about calling since I had position in a nice sized pot.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:36 PM

Flat calling is fine, (.40 is less that 1/10 of that you have) but you'd probaly have to let it go if you don't hit the set.

Also, you have no reads, that's why I'm not too glad getting it in with JJ simply because we don't know what the range is.