Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Bodog Software Update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I deposited $10k into Bodog immediately after the US ban; however, I have not played more than 5 hands there.

My main issue is only being allowed to play 3 tables. This is ridiculously low and rather ancient. I think the current software model is prohibiting expanding this limit which proves the short sightedness of the development team IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the answer to your question isn't that it is unimportant to them it is just less important than other things at the moment. I have clearly explained to them this is a deal killer for some people. In their defense Bodog is not trying to cater to good players that multi table, they are trying to get fish and make the client usable for that customer. Their belief is that if they get the fish good players will come. I sort of agree with them. 3 tables and no poker tracker is likely what makes the games on Bodog so meaty.

[/ QUOTE ]
This says it all, don't change anything except software upgrades and better collusion detection, and one more thing, get rid of disconnect protect in NL as I see this getting abused ALL of the time. Now that the server is supposed to be more stable, this should not be a problem.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:51 PM

One more thing, a store to use our points at would be nice.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:57 PM

if there has been a stability improvement then i have not really noticed it.

the client crashes for me with the precision of a swiss watch.

1 table, takes a while. 2 takes less. 3 less still. i get maybe an hour with 3 tables.

and as for the comment "no big deal, i still love (dog)", well, i too still love the doggie, but it really is a big deal.

disconnect abuse drives me crazy, but at the levels i play i havent seen too much problem with it, which is unusual. normally i favor no disconnect protection, but with crashing 3 tables hourly, i think it is too soon to pull the plug on that yet.

i also tend to agree that upping the max tables you can play would tend to degrade game quality. case in point, pacific.

i use seperated tables at doggie, dont know if that makes a difference. but i have virtually no issues at any other sites, and no crashing issues at any but bodog.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beanie,

I'd like to clear something up about you. You said the following in your OP here:

"PS I just want to say that the thread on this forum helped a lot and the developers want to thank you guys for your contribution."

This tends to give the impression that you are officially connected to Bodog, or their development team. But then later you use the term "their belief".

So my question is how are you connected to them or are you at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I talk to them weekly and when I saw people getting questions unanswered I starting answering them and relaying questions to Bodog in our weekly conversations. If you want a more in depth answer than that I will happily have dinner with you and explain who it is and what I do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use seperated tables at doggie, dont know if that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why, but im 90% sure this is why it is crashing for some and not others.

Last time this came up someone took a stab that it is the big animated banner in the left of the lobby - but this is pure speculation.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:22 PM

I still have some lobby freeze up issues. You click on a table and it says it is not there type stuff. I do like the fact that it is PT incompatible. That alone keeps me playing there.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beanie,

I'd like to clear something up about you. You said the following in your OP here:

"PS I just want to say that the thread on this forum helped a lot and the developers want to thank you guys for your contribution."

This tends to give the impression that you are officially connected to Bodog, or their development team. But then later you use the term "their belief".

[/ QUOTE ]

I talk to them weekly and when I saw people getting questions unanswered I starting answering them and relaying questions to Bodog in our weekly conversations. If you want a more in depth answer than that I will happily have dinner with you and explain who it is and what I do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that is a fair question asked by bluff. You seem to be skirting the issue. You obviously work for BoDog in some capacity, why not fill us in exactly what you do?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In their defense Bodog is not trying to cater to good players that multi table, they are trying to get fish and make the client usable for that customer. Their belief is that if they get the fish good players will come. I sort of agree with them. 3 tables and no poker tracker is likely what makes the games on Bodog so meaty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, fully appreciate this, and am very glad to hear they understand this point.

The last update does seem more stable to me, so kudos for getting them to finally address things. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:32 PM

The auto-muck doesn't work on NL SNG's. Not a huge problem but it's annoying.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beanie,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that is a fair question asked by bluff. You seem to be skirting the issue. You obviously work for BoDog in some capacity, why not fill us in exactly what you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

beanie,

What raja just said is important. If you actually do work for them or a contractor for them then you need to say so. If you don't, then you need to get them to have an official rep here like many other sites do and answer questions in an authoritative way. Otherwise, if you are just "relaying" things, there is the severe risk of causing problems if they later go against something you said, and it will cause a lot of hard feelings here. Plus you simply shouldn't be acting as their agent in an unofficial capacity and letting them have it both ways where they duck the questions they don't want to answer (although PS Lee does that now), and then having deniability later if they don't wish to stick to something you have relayed.

And if they are unwilling to officially engage us here as a poker community, or do so in a dishonest way as party poker always has, then they should expect lots of bashing and most likely less business from 2+2'ers than they could otherwise have.

In other words, tell them to put up or shut up. (And I'm not bashing you if you're just as you say an outsider wishing to help a site you like - that is commendable but not the way it should be done.)