Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: river fold.

[ QUOTE ]
One other thing to consider is the possibility that the villain is raising with a calling hand. I think against aggressive value bettors who can bet/fold some strong hands, raising with a calling hand, like Q7s or AcTx on this board for example, when a non-blank card hits, can be a good play. Since were going to call anyways, this play is a relatively inexpensive value/bluff, and it has the added kick of sometimes being called by lesser hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually the most interesting idea I have read here in a few days.

Myself, I would call, because I have been bluffed out of too many pots I should have won by players I did not believe would bluff-raise. And this pot is IMO too big to fold against virtually anyone for one bet holding TPKK.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:23 AM

I'm not worried about being bluffed but he could value raise a worse hand couldn't he? Sometimes I see people play this way with weak made hands that he thinks are good but waiting to raise the river makes it safe for him to not get 3 bet by much. Like QJ with a club wouldn't ever play this way? I'd pay this one off because like you said, you'd pay off a turn raise, this might possibly look weaker than that.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 PM

I think you make $ by calling here. IMO, the fact he could have 10,8 and kinda goofed it on the end makes it not close.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 PM

does anyone think theres significance that its my second hand at the table?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it does because he could possibly not realize who you are. Whether this makes him more or less likely to pull something dumb, I don't know.

I feel that when the range of better hands played logically gets narrowed as much as it does in this hand, you should include a higher likelihood of poorly played worse hands. Others have already listed the better hands he could have here, and the better ones that are well played comprise a small set of hands. I'd call.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is very important. If you had some history or a feel of the tempo of the game it might be a completely another story. As it is i fold - as i've said previously.

Also, if you added the limit and the site this hand came up that would be also useful.

Finally, some said that these 30/20 guys can do those things - bluff raise the river. I've seen much different 30/20 players in the way of post flop play . Some good hand readers, some over aggro monkeys and some passive ones. So i dont think 30/20 says that much regarding post flop play.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 PM

"Also, if you added the limit and the site this hand came up that would be also useful. "

how would you play if it was at:

a)absolute
b)stars
C)ftp
d)ub
Old 12-23-2006, 10:56 PM

I have not played on ftp and i have played very little on UB so i cant speak for those two. If its on absolute i would always call if its 3/6 (which i doubt) and i would be inclined to call on 25/50. I would always fold versus the average 30/20 guy on 5/10 and 10/20. On stars i fold on 10/20.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:24 AM

hey victor i'd probably call and figure i'm beat. by the way, what difference does it make what site you are on if you have your opponents stats (is there a diffence between a 30/20 on stars and absolute if all there other stats are the same too)?