Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Big Loss in One Session

I play anywhere from 4-8 with a 1/2 kill to 10-20 in home games. Up in the mountains they have a wild 2-5 spread limit game, which I've always found quite beatable despite claims of this being impossible. In Vegas I like the 10-20 and 20-40 games at the Mirage and I typically play 15-30 at Bellagio.

I've always been a big fame of Abdul's writing, so having 5 way action to the river allows me to employ the Theory of Sucking Out. The down side of these games is the big swings, but they'll teach you to overplay your PP just like I do.

I know it isn't a big favoite on the forums, but I'd really recommend Middle Limit Holdem Poker by Bob Ciaffone and Jim Brier. Reading Jim's posts took me from break-even poker to being a money winner.

GL,

Doug
Old 12-22-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'd really recommend Middle Limit Holdem Poker by Bob Ciaffone and Jim Brier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many on the forum recommend this book.

However, it's not really for the games that the OP is in. For that game, SSHE. Though, reading MLH wouldn't hurt.

b
Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 PM

I've been subcribing to Card Player for about a year and my favorite column is Bob Ciaffone's. He gives straight forward good advice. My girl fiance thinks I'm nuts for buying so many poker books, but after your post I need to add that one to the list.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:44 PM

I started to write girl friend and then changed it too fiance in my last post. I wasn't trying to say that I am engaged to a girl I just read it and it sounds funny. She is female.