FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 AM

Default 6 max 1/2 sort of theoretical question

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

the CO in this hand is and aggressive player. His total aggression factor was 4.5 for the session and he's willing to make plays.

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with ????
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $6 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $9)</font>, BB folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $56</font>, CO calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($126, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $126</font>,

I don't think he's full here unless he has exactly 99. And I just didn't think he had that. My question is this. If you think that your opponent is bluffing in that he's definetely not full here but you think he has something that he may think he's bluffing with. What's the minimum you call with here? I'm talking about hands like AJ, QQ's, TT's, AA, KK, J9. Or maybe you think he's full and you wouldn't call with any of these.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: 6 max 1/2 sort of theoretical question

If I think he's bluffing, but probably has something, I want to at least beat any J and most overpairs, so TT is out of the question and AJ is the absolute minimum to even think about it. I'm particularily concerned about the wrap hands: 8TJQ, 89TJ, 9TJQ, 99TQ, TQQK, TQKK.

I agree that he's played it pretty strange for any boat but the 99, except maybe a hand like 69TQ (but that's pretty specific, and thus unlikely).

A factor I'd be concerned about, but that you don't mention, is how I might be preceived by him. If your image is at all similar to the one I try to make (i.e. lays down readily, but not as easily as most of my opponents think) then I would probably call with AJ against a player who is this aggressive (and if I was currently rolled to make this call - which I'm not right now). However, if he's seen "me" make some tough calls then I'd push my call range up to any 6, or even 78.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:10 AM

FYI I had 77TT here so I thought calling wasn't a very good option even though I thought it was likely he wasn't full here. But I was thinking I would maybe do so with AJ and definetely with J9.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:39 AM

I would want a good 6 or at least a straight to call his bet. You made a good semi-bluff at the pot on the turn, and he came right back at you on the river. And I'm guessing, unless both of you are really deep, that both of you dont have enough for you to come back over the top with a re-raise on the river. That would be an interesting move that I don't think I have the balls for, but would be a nice one to pull off.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:58 AM

Kings or better, but I'd be damn confused about what he's bet-calling the turn with
Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 PM

I think if he is bluffing he probably had a wrap around the 9J, so I would probably call him with K9 or better. But usually I fold.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:42 PM

I'd call with AJ or better there pretty often. i think A9 or better may often be good there too.

unlikely he has two pair or set on flop and doesn't bet it. also unlikely he has AJ or QQ and doesn't bet it but thats more player/flow dependent, but if i think he bets TP here then i can call w A9.

unlikely he calls on turn without a hand that can beat, when it hits, the one you're repping -- the 78 straight, which makes 99,TQ, Ax clubs possible (but not bare 69)

I think he thinks he's bluffing you off 78 straight, question is getting 2:1 how often does he have just enough, 6x, TJQw clubs etc to beat what u have
-g