Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Non-nut flush draw

I think the PF limp is very nice.
I dont think the flop call is marginal. Lots of implied odds. Not too many though because it is quite obvious that you are on a draw and most players will slow down seeing a 3-flush on board. But probably none of your opponents will fold his hand.
And I agree with kerowo that fearing the ace high flush is a little too fearful.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given how this table was playing. Preflop raiser probably has AA-QQ/AK/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your thought PF as well for this raiser? What range are you thinking for the coldcallers?

[/ QUOTE ]

No range really, figured one on a pocket pair and another on some suited broadways. The action came to me quickly and this was a speed table so I didnt have much time to make my decision.

The flop call was my biggest question on the hand, since the draw wasnt to the nuts. And I was very worried about one of the other two drawing to the nut flush, MUBS yes, but the way I run it most definitely is a huge possibility.

These are the kinda hands that are killing me. I toss in 4 BB on the flush draw and miss and then in the hands where I do hit my flushes, they are baby pots. (3rd flush draw in 20 hands. Made 2 of them, missed this one. Final profit -2bb).

MP1 had Aces. MP2 in a wtf moment had fives.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:00 PM

lol 5s. So there are still morons on Stars 1/2.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are noticing that the Kh is on the board right? Meaning we have the second nut flush draw, meaning most of the time if this turns into the rare flush over flush situation we are going to be winning. Implied odds make calling correct on every street. If you are folding this on the flop you are throwing away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's second nut, but in a worse way than if the Ah were on the board (i.e., someone would need Kxs to beat us instead of the much more popular Axs). Assuming an average of 1 more bet and everyone stays, we're getting 4.5 to 1. Easy call for the nuts, less so otherwise.

I'm not saying a fold is obviously the correct choice, just that it's not an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fearing the nut flush draw while holding the 2nd nut flush draw is MUBS.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush potential is the reason you call this hand preflop. If you're thinking that your Q-high two card flush draw may be marginal, you should just fold preflop (would you call this raise with Q6o to chase a pair of queens? Nope...).

But folding preflop is passing on a profitable situation, which you're welcome to do because it's your money.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:30 PM

How much is the rake at this level? It should get subtracted with a hand like this since you are in for big hand potential and it is getting maxed out if you win this pot.

You will flop a flush, flush draw, split or trips+ one time in every 7.5. If the max rake is $2 you would be getting about 5.5:1. Micros...we need to figure this situation out as it could be revolutionary. How much $$$ do we make postflop (on average) with these hands alone? I don't think we have enough big hand potential here given that a flush draw will be close to neutral (but still +) in a 4-handed pot. With no rake this is a trivial call.