Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 02:06 AM

Default Re: wildlife BBV (w/ pics)

those things will [censored] you up dude.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:06 AM

rofl
Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he turned to me, took one arm off the tree to show his claws and growled (think a really deep, throaty sound, a bit like a bear).

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that a koala BEAR growled like a bear, amazing [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

e-smirk all you like. joke's on you though, the koala is NOT the koala bear. they have nothing to do with bears (maybe 5th cousins once removed or something). it's a common joke/peeve in aus when people say koala bear. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he turned to me, took one arm off the tree to show his claws and growled (think a really deep, throaty sound, a bit like a bear).

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that a koala BEAR growled like a bear, amazing [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

e-smirk all you like. joke's on you though, the koala is NOT the koala bear. they have nothing to do with bears (maybe 5th cousins once removed or something). it's a common joke/peeve in aus when people say koala bear. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol marsupialaments
Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, from the Koala wiki:

Early European settlers to Australia called the ugly Koala the Native Bear and the ugly Koala is still sometimes called the Koala Bear, although it is not even a placental mammal (like bears and most other mammals) - it is a marsupial. The ugly Koala's scientific name comes from the Greek: phaskolos meaning "pouch" and; arktos meaning "bear". The cinereus epithet is Latin and means "ash-coloured".
Old 12-04-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol marsupialaments

[/ QUOTE ]

while on the topic of koala relatives here's a link to a page about one of the koala's deadliest relatives. you probably haven't heard about them (because the govt tries to keep it quiet (bad for tourism)) but all aussies are wary of DROP BEARS!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:30 PM

yesterday my cat (of no front legs fame, see below) caught a baby ringtail possum, then brought him inside. the little fella was still alive but had an injured leg.

the perpetrator:

we got the possum away from him. he didn't look too badly hurt, so i took him outside and down a few houses from ours, to put in a gum tree.

(please ignore the tshirt 'the forgotton' that i'm wearing. i got it free from the video store for renting another movie, i just wear it around the house [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

softest fur ever.

before i could put the possum in the tree he, without any warning, bit me on my index finger. it [censored] hurt like hell, but luckily didn't break the skin. anyway, in the tree:

notice his ringtail, hence the name.

i went to check on him after about 15 mins and he was laying on the ground under the tree, so we picked him up again, put him in a box and my mum took him down to the rspca (animal welfare group).

/another beavs marsupial story.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM

how does a cat with no front legs catch something
Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how does a cat with no front legs catch something

[/ QUOTE ]

the cat doesn't really have no front legs.