Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM

Default 50NL 6max: AK makes TPTK on turn. Did I act correctly?

The converter didn't convert the HH properly, I tried fixing it but there may still be some minor errors in it.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $50.10
Button: $35.40
SB: $72.35
BB: $0.95

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $0.95</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.45, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.35, Sidepot 1: $1.1)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($13.45, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.35, Sidepot 1: $9.1)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $20</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($53.45, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.35, Sidepot 1: $49.1)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $9.4</font>, Hero calls.

Is there anything you think I should have done differently in this hand? If I had missed the turn I probably would have checked, and if I had bet I probably would have folded to the re-raise. Is there any way for me to get away when that K hit on the turn?

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6max: AK makes TPTK on turn. Did I act correctly?

I think this is trips all day long. Has B minraised anything else before?

After your turn bet, I think you can eliminate TP from his range. I would fold to this raise. Can't see that we are ahead of much besides a strangely played draw.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:14 PM

Fold the turn. KJ or 7x, IMO.

I don't like your flop bet either. Protected pot because of BB, you're never getting better hands to fold, etc.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies, they're greatly appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is trips all day long. Has B minraised anything else before?

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have mentioned that I had no reads.

How I reasoned throughout the hand:

Pre-flop:
Good hand so I raised.

Flop:
I think I made this bet mostly as a C-bet, thinking that I might

a) make Button fold and have BB beaten.
b) hit an A or K by the turn or possibly river if Button checked behind on turn.

Turn:
I made the bet on this street thinking I might have the best hand. I felt like I had to bet when one of the cards I was hoping for came.

When Button min-raised I thought that it was such a small raise, both relative to mine and the pot, and I therefore felt like I had to call with approx 10-to-43.

River:
Again, I felt like his bet was so small relative to the pot that I had to call (10-to-64).

After having read you posts and thought about it a bit I've come to the following conclusion about my play:

Pre-flop:
Good

Flop:
I should have checked because the chance that BB had a better hand was quite significant, at the same time, if Button called the chances were quite high he'd have trips or better.

Turn (considering how I played the flop):
Not entirely sure if I should have bet here or not, and, if I did, by how much. Is check or bet better here?

As I played it, I should have folded to his min-raise.

River:
Shouldn't even have gotten this far.

If you find something you want to point out/correct/comment on in my reasoning or conclusion about my play, please do. I'd like to know just how flawed my reasoning is, hehe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seems like I have trouble getting away from TPTK... I have another hand where this happens too, I'll post it soon.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 PM

Check the turn to extract money from J´s. Fold to the raise TP is no good here IMO.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn to extract money from J´s. Fold to the raise TP is no good here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I check the turn, then what should I do if Button bets? If call, up to which size? Also, if I call the turn, should I fold to a river bet?

I've made another thread about a TPTK hand. Please check it out if you want: 50NL 6max: AJ, trouble with TPTK, again...