Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 AM
BruinEric BruinEric is offline

Location: Southern California
Default Essential Content from \"Never Trust Anyone\" – 12/20/06

Essential Content from "Never Trust Anyone" – 12/20/06

This post contains the updated content from the “Never Trust Anyone” thread from 12/20/2006. There were far fewer posts from the principals of the story, and the great number of posts are simply comments from other posters. Several posters have posted 10+ times in the thread, making a comprehensive reading very difficult.

Because of this, I have created this “essentials” thread, aimed at letting some of you get the main storyline efficiently. None of the photoshops, jokes, or flame-wars amongst most posters are included.

I've seen lots of offers of money for such a post. My primary motivation is to contribute to the board, but if you want to send me some loose change, my PokerStars name is BruinEric

This updated post is brought to you by GOLD SPONSORS MikeNaked and WatchoutMom. Thanks MikeNaked, thanks "WatchoutMom."

Somewhere out there a pro poker player is reading these summaries, and I’ve just saved you an hour of combing through today’s sickeningly high number of “commentary” to get you the essential facts/gossip/rumor & innuendo. So send me a copy of your book, your latest promotional polo shirt, or just transfer me a big-blind or two. It’s good luck.

For the rest of you who have given me so much information on these forums for the past two years, this is my way of saying thanks. I’ve changed the format to make it more readable.

If you can spare the time, there are lots of reasons to take a look at the big thread -- if you like jokes and photoshops, there is some good entertainment, especially in the first half.

Poster: bdk3clash

Video profile of Captain Tom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-okf8omybok

Money quotes:
"I don't care if you like me or don't like me. I don't need you to like me."
"Touch 'em all, baby."
"I like to think of myself as a winner."

Poster: bdk3clash

Russ "GCA" Georgiev dishes the dirt on Captain Tom in rec.gambling.poker in 2004 here: http://tinyurl.com/wwnol

Money quote:
"He's a cheap con man and nickel and dime cheat."

Poster: sprfcta

[ QUOTE ]
From: Newgca - view profile
Date: Fri, Nov 5 2004 7:44 pm
Email: new...@aol.com (Newgca)
Groups: rec.gambling.poker
Not yet rated
Rating:
show options
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

>Capt. Tom Franklin bio on Poker Pages,

Tom Franklin is a cheap hustler. About 15 years ago he ran a scam through the
NorthWest where he was staging a series of events for the WSOP or something of
this nature. He ended up running off with the money.

We happened to have a run in where he TRIED BLUFFING me, as I was passing
through Seattle at the time.

He shot his mouth off he would play anyone for at least $10,000 or more while
promoting his con. I threw the money on the table and he didn't know what to
say. He said I'm going to get the money and will be back within the hour. I
asked him to leave a deposit, but it didn't happen. He didn't come back either.

He's a cheap con man and nickel and dime cheat.

Russ Georgiev

Poster: newhizzle

[ QUOTE ]

we've already caught Mark stretching the truth a little

[/ QUOTE ]
um... care to give an example?

Poster: NNNNOOOOONAN

[ QUOTE ]
um... care to give an example?

[/ QUOTE ]
i believe El D was referring to you saying you didn't cry, then you said you did cry.

i don't know who wouldn't cry. i'd cry.

Poster: shaniac

[ QUOTE ]

Assani,

Obviously shaniac felt he would get some buttsex in exchange for giving her some of his primo weed. But before he could get his penis on her back, she was already latched onto WPT champ hizzle!

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

you are hilarious. Fwiw there was another 2+2er in the room with me.

Assani,
[ QUOTE ]

He met her once in a hotel room and she acted strangely....and because of that hes come in here and bashed away at her? I mean, I can understand that if Mark is his friend he'd want to stick up for him, but he started bashing her before Mark even posted in here.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) I had heard about the newhizzle thing before it got posted here, perhaps that shaded my perception of her

2) I had heard about her propositioning men on tour (not Newhizzle, and probably before she even met Mark) and she's been associated with, like, dozens of dudes in poker since she first appeared. It doesn't take a genius to understand her nature.

3) Having explained myself succintly to Boris, I don't feel that I need to offer any other reasons for my motives or behavior in this thread other than to point out that all I did was regurgitate the rumors I was privvy to, and then offer an anecdote in an effort to explain her presence/pesonality.

I admit that saying I hope she starved to death was a little harsh.

Poster: BrandiRose

Here's a question that I would like to ask... why would ANYONE let anyone play on their account UNLESS they were watching that person? Especially if someone had something like 30k in their account.

You can believe whoever you want to believe. All I can tell you is that Mark was not sleeping much and we both were drinking at the time. I doubt your going to trust my word on that, and if not so be it....

I do give props for some of the remarks and photoshopping efforts (seriously!). Had a great laugh over that one. Last night I was mostly just upset with Newhouse. But what I reallized today is that is does not matter what he says or what you all here believe. I know what happened and he knows what happened.

I will say this though... After someone wins such a big tournament and gets in the limelight, it's understandable that once he lost most of that money and got off the rush, that he would pin the blame for his losses on someone else and does not want to feel like a one hit wonder. I honestly wish him the best in LA this weekend. It's sad to see a grown man cry (like I had the pleasure of seeing). I hope he catches a lucky run and things turn around for him. He needs it.

Ask him how much he still has from his wins and see if he tells you the truth. He is actually already busto after taxes.

Poster: ****FAKE POST BY CAPTAIN TOM****

The below post was made by someone pretending to be Captain Tom. This was exposed as fake after a while.
Brandi,
Would you like me to tell these people the full story or do you want to just tell them yourself that everything that you said about me is a fabrication?

You have caused me a lot of distress over the past few months and coming public with these lies was not the right thing to do. However, I know that you are having difficult times and I have always been by your side to support you. I do not want to make anything harder for you so I will say no more as long as you acknowledge that what you said about me was not the truth.

What do you want me to do honey?

Poster: ****FAKE POST BY CAPTAIN TOM****

The below post was made by someone pretending to be Captain Tom. This was exposed as fake after a while.

Doyle told me about this twoplustwo while we were at the tournament. By the end of the day I had been asked about Brandi by several people who I have played with for years but with whom I have little contact with.

I had never visited poker forums before and I am disgusted by all of this. Personally, and I regret not saying this to him at the time, I think David should be ashamed of himself. I have a lot of anger right now and a lot of sadness.

Unlike Mark, this is not the first time that I have seen something like this in poker. The difference however is that stories travel a lot faster now than they did when we were younger.

I am saddened to say that people have approached my beautiful wife and wonderful children about this story and it upsets me greatly that they have to answer to these allegations.

I do not wish to speak further on this incident. I am just hoping that Brandi can retract what she has previously said about me so that we can put this whole incident behind us.

Poster: BrandiRose
[ QUOTE ]

'Ask him how much he still has from his wins and see if he tells you the truth. He is actually already busto after taxes.'

Earlier today he had half a million left according to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
He HAD a half million left (I don't know how much he lost here in Vegas) BEFORE taxes. He owes over a half million in taxes. So like I said... busto

Poster: BrandiRose – in response to fake tom franklin
The below post was made in response to posts made by someone pretending to be Captain Tom. Again – this reply by BrandiRose is being made to a post NOT made by Captain Tom.
Tom there will no retractions whatsoever. I don't even care how you've made my life a living hell for the past three months, at this point in time I just want my money back. You weren't willing to give it by conventional means. That is why I came public with it. I hope your family knows what a scummy old man you are and has found out about your "daughter" Amanda. I can see how that would make your life very sad.

As for taxes, I'll admit I don't know that much. All I know is what he told me. He said he owed over $500,000 and I know that he has less than that left. As far as deductions, I sure hope he's been keeping receipts.

Poster: ****FAKE POST BY CAPTAIN TOM****

Brandi,
You know damn well that you spent that money. After Festa Al Lago. I volunteered to help you out because you are just a naiveté little girl and I was hoping that I could save you from making big mistakes.

I have coached many great players who came into poker with a lot of promise but without fundamental bankroll management skills with serious leaks in their game. I told you who these players are and you have spoken to some of them and they have told you how I helped them. When I first met you I believed that I could help you but it is now obvious to me that you are beyond help.

You ask about your twelve thousand dollars, where do you think the money that you have been playing with all this time has come from? You have been to Canada and Indiana. You played poker and you lost. You stayed at nice hotels and ate good meals. That money does not get refunded to you at the end of the session or when you leave to go to the next tournament.

It does not happen often but you conned me Brandi. You conned a lot of us. It is a shame too because we just wanted to help you.

I am traveling now, I am in New York on my way up to Canada. I think we are going to stay here for the night and I hope that the next time I see this forum you have set the record straight and stopped lying about us to all of these people.

Poster: MEbenhoe

This is not the real Tom Franklin, it is Cornell Fiji. Please do not impersonate someone like this.

Poster: BrandiRose
I would post Tom's "secret" phone number, but is that illegal??

Poster: BrandiRose
He has lost about 900k. In the weekend that we hung out, he lost over 200k. Also, he keeps crying (literally crying. puffy eyes. tears down his cheek kind of a thing) that Neverwin and Chantel collaborated and busted into his online account and took him for over 150k. That Chantel lied about it because she is a lying whore (yet, he still talks to her everyday) and that it's not really Neverwin's fault because he is a degenerate gambler (and that he is broke ~ but after talking to Dustin, I don't believe that to be true. But who knows? Maybe it is).

Poster: BrandiRose
In fact, he said that after winning the tournament... he has not won any money playing cash games. He said first that he was playing bad because he had all that money.

I asked him maybe if he was playing in games that were to big for him. He said no. He does not want to be seen playing smaller limits because he is a big pro now. I told him that these guys have been playing longer than he has been alive and does he really think he's better than them? He came up with some arrogant answer for that.

Poster: yvesaint

HOLY CRAP SOMEONE JUST PMed ME WITH SOME SICKKKKKKK STUFF

be prepared nvg

be prepared

Poster: yvesaint

ok......still mostly rumours but word is this isnt the first time or poker player brandi has been toyed with (consensualy or not)

there might be a list

Poster: newhizzle

anyone with any legal knowledge know if i can actually do anything about this?

or if it would be worth the time and effort and drama?

Poster: yvesaint

o....and the real capt tom does know about this thread, he just has declined to reply

Poster: entertainme poker mom

[ QUOTE ]

Basically, people should be a little more skeptical and not so easily put their trust in things said by people they don't know about people they don't know. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Masked Man,

It is an interesting study in mob mentality. In reality, Mark and Brandi's stories largely agree:

- He did buy her plane tickets
- He did let her play on his account
- There was a 30K loss on his account when she was pushing the buttons
- Mark is down 200K
- Mark cried
- Brandy cut herself in the bathroom and there was blood on the walls
- an offer for anal sex for a buy in was made
- Brandi got on the phone to try and get some money back for Mark
- all this occurred after Mark had let Chantel play on his account and get stuck for 16K previously

Their stories differ:

- Sex: hand job or penetration?
- Blood: writing on wall or not?
- Anal: Joke or serious offer from Brandi?
- Play: Brandi alone or Mark directing Brandi?

So the issue goes to credibility:

- Mark: Long time poster who has $1.6 million in tourney wins this year. I can't speak to his cash game skills but this post by Baronzeus at NWP is interesting:
[ QUOTE ]
newhizzle is a very strong cash game player, and i am sure he will do fine in even the biggest games. he is honestly tougher than most opponents.

his edge comes against tighter players, folders (like myself). he is very aggressive and high variance after the flop and is definitely someone i do not like at my tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
Notice that Mark's posts here, even while defending himself, don't always put him in a positive light, (been taken for 200K, cried, etc.)

Possible he's on a big downswing and tilting hard? Sure. It can happen to anyone, especially someone that young with so much cash.

Mark says he's learned his lesson and I hope so for his sake, but I'm not encouraged by the fact that he has already TWICE let attractive young women play on his account and lose.

- Brandi: We first meet Brandi baring her breast for the camera at a tourney this year. She's found her true love in poker! Never mind that anyone who's played with her has called her skills and her stability into question. Her own blog reveals she has no clue about bankroll requirements and extremely unrealistic expectations of success.

Notice in everything she posts Brandi is either the hero, (building houses for the poor), or the victim, (who would have guessed that Dutch was not a go-to guy?) From knowing other young women that act out in this way, I'm pretty confident that Brandi believes the things she writes.

There's plenty more to say, but most important is that I guarantee you that Brandi's PM box is still full with at least a portion of said PM's sympathetic and offering help.

Even when men have the ability to identify the bitch gene, they still think they are "what she needs". They can play with fire and not get burned. They'll be able to walk away before things get out of hand.

So where does this take us with our disputed facts?

- Sex: My best guess is that Brandi did sleep with him after she lost his money. It serves her interests at this point. She'll admit to partial truth - a hand job. Verdict = true.

- Blood: This would be a bizarre detail for Mark to add if not true. I don't see him as this imaginative. On the other hand, it fits perfectly with Brandi's love of drama. Again, she admits to partial truth. Verdict - true.

- Anal: I think this was said to Brandi on the phone. Someone asked for anal in return for a buy in. She told Mark and offered as a joke, never intending it seriously. Evidenced by the fact that he did give her the buy in and doesn't claim, (through his friends here), that he was paid in return. Verdict = False.

- Play: I can't attest to Mark's skills. Others do. While it may be possible for him to play like this while drunk/tilting etc., it doesn't add up. Notice that she feels resposible for the loss and talks as if she had intended at some point to pay at least a portion of it back. She even gets on the phone, (they agree), to try to get money. I guarantee you if she was just pushing buttons as he directed she would feel no liability whatsoever. Also, Mark claims to have the text messages she sent during this episode, which others he knows here could easily ask to see. Verdict - Brandi lost the huge majority while he was downstairs, meanwhile telling him she was winning. He may have been there at the beginning as she was playing SNG directing her, which is how she has justified it to herself. (Remember, she mostly believes what she says is true.)

As to Brandi and the Captain, I'm guessing it's primarily a money dispute. He thinks he's more than compensated her for her 12K through expenses, buy in's, cash games, etc. She thought she got those things and would still get her bankroll back. Did he make a pass at her? It would be pretty standard. The important thing is I don't think she cared in the least until she found out her money was gone. Now it's just another tool to trash him with.

While I'm willing to keep an open mind if new facts come to light. This is how deductive reasoning shakes out the chain of events for me.

The Poker Mom

Poster: Onaflag

This thread is dying a slow death.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
joebas joebas is offline
Junior Member

Default Breaking my Silence

* ahem * [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Kedu Kedu is offline

Default Re: Breaking my Silence

[ QUOTE ]
* ahem * [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post sucked.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:09 AM
OutKicked OutKicked is offline
Member

Location: Stumptown

[ QUOTE ]
* ahem * [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at the only poster more insane than BrandiRose.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Gobias Ind. Gobias Ind. is offline

Location: On stand-by until 8:01

Thanks for the update Bruin
Old 12-21-2006, 02:16 AM
gamblore99 gamblore99 is offline

that was very disappointing. When I saw another 1500 posts to the thread I assumed something awesome happened.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 AM
DMBFan23 DMBFan23 is offline

Location: > Brady

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: yvesaint

ok......still mostly rumours but word is this isnt the first time or poker player brandi has been toyed with (consensualy or not)

there might be a list

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much the only loose end as far as I can see
Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
DMBFan23 DMBFan23 is offline

Location: > Brady

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: yvesaint

o....and the real capt tom does know about this thread, he just has declined to reply

[/ QUOTE ]

also,

Tom seems like a smart guy