Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Poker Stars-Trustworthy?

I'm curious to hear other peoples opinions on poker stars.
It seems like every other review I read about poker stars is focused upon the possibility of their site being rigged. And my own experiences there have fueled the fire. I can play B&M and profit a majority of the time and switch to stars and experience consistent bad beats. It has been so bad that I have chosen to avoid stars. I have absolutely no trust in that place now. I see no reason why they could be NOT cheating. Now that the legality of online poker is now on the fringes and they operate offshore I can see that they could be easily running a scam. I will avoid them like so many other decent players do, but I would really like to hear your guys opinions on stars!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars-Trustworthy?

You can't compare B&M games to online games. And you're going to get flamed badly for this topic, sorry.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM

I don't know how you can say "so many other decent players do", since Stars it the biggest site and has tons and tons of pros playing on the site all hours of the day.

The site is simply not rigged. There is absolutely no reason for them to rig the games, and your going to get flamed for this post.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:21 PM

I wear a tinfoil hat when I play there. It seems to help because obviously it's rigged. Now if I could just find a way to stop the voices in my head. Uh oh - gotta go. There's one of those wisper helicopters hovering over my house again.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:25 PM

OP, you're gonna get flamed.

[ QUOTE ]
The site is simply not rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's probably correct

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no reason for them to rig the games, and your going to get flamed for this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

nonsense, there is plenty of reason and incentive for them to rig it. Doesn't mean they have, but don't say they have no reason to.

Sorry, I just despise that argument.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:28 PM

Most people around here believe that the people who believe Stars is rigged are overly paranoid.

This topic comes up all the time.

It's amazing how all these so-so and losing players get all upset at the way the cards are running there and have to blame the site instead of their own playing abilities.

Winning players (the 'real' professionals), the ones who are actually good, do not believe any sites are rigged for the most part. And most laugh at those that do.

You can continue to believe it's rigged if you want.

But you asked for what people here think and this has consistently been the take on it from the vast majority of 2+2'ers day after day as losing player after losing player complains in these forums that they just don't think it's on the up-and-up.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that the legality of online poker is now on the fringes and they operate offshore I can see that they could be easily running a scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should avoid all online sites that operate offshore. Only play online at sites that operate onshore. You will never get scammed that way.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should avoid all online sites that operate offshore. Only play online at sites that operate onshore. You will never get scammed that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the new SpacePoker.jup It's based on "the moon." (Is that our moon or Jupiters?)
Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 PM

Three people said OP's gonna get flamed. I wanna see some flaming.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM

P'stars Rigged!! - unlikely

Paranoid re variance - that's me - after 3 years of MTT's there, I'm stubbornly still waiting for it to swing my way. I does good elsewhere, but EVERY time I'm close to a decent result or on the bubble they raise their stars jackboots in the air and crush my face. What variance?? It's all one sided....