Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 AM

Default A weapon against account hacking/abuse & tilt?

I just got this idea... I'm probably not the first, but I thought I'd air it here.

WHAT IF the major sites implemented a feature sounding something like this: "Lock account when [$x] down in [y] hours". Linked to this is a password required to unlock the account when this condition hit (cannot be the same as the account password).

Wouldn't this solve a LOT of problems with regards to people letting friends/wifes/Brandis/neighbours playing on their account and busting it overnight? I know you're not supposed to let other people play on your account no matter what, but we all know many people do. In this case, you'd give them the login password but not the "busto-password".

Secondly, this would be a protection against people acquiring your login information unlawfully. They could chip-dump or transfer SOME of your money, but not more than you'd lose on a bad day (given that that is what you set as the limit)

Last but not least, this would be a great tilt-blocker. Of course, you could easily just punch the password each time you hit the limit and keep on spewing, but at least you've been warned. For the semi-diciplined of us, this could be exactly the aid we need to stop playing when playing bad.

Why couldn't ie. Pokerstars implement this? Would it reduce their income?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: A weapon against account hacking/abuse & tilt?

Nobody that makes a cut from gambling, would ever want to see gamblers stop gambling. Or slow them down.

They will post the # to GA, that's it, they've done they're part.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: A weapon against account hacking/abuse & tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody that makes a cut from gambling, would ever want to see gamblers stop gambling. Or slow them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
That isn’t really true. In general, online gambling sites would rather see their customers lose their money slowly than all at once, and that is especially true for poker rooms. Thus the automatic locking feature proposed by the OP does have some advantages for the poker site, in my view. And that is not even considering the anti-fraud aspect.