Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Default Re: 2/4: AJ multiway deep.. I\'m lost :/

[ QUOTE ]
vs horryclutch, it's a flop fold, and it's not close. there are twenty factors going into my fold, none of which i will share here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your read of horryclutch is WAY off
Old 12-20-2006, 10:58 AM

horry is a shark that should be playing higher he haswon many mtts not a nit big winsin the nightly and the second chance for 50k and 30k and that just recent also plays 8 tables at a time very focoused winning player i played with him in the partydays stay away he is ranked to 50 on all mtt tourney polls and is a shark in the 6max ring game
Old 12-20-2006, 01:45 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
horry is a shark that should be playing higher he haswon many mtts not a nit big winsin the nightly and the second chance for 50k and 30k and that just recent also plays 8 tables at a time very focoused winning player i played with him in the partydays stay away he is ranked to 50 on all mtt tourney polls and is a shark in the 6max ring game

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be a writer.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Board is so draw heavy I just shove the flop and get it over with. If he outflopped me, fine, variance. I don't think you can find a fold against this player. I'm surprised that you think he's a nit, too. I think he makes too many moves.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Results?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Board is so draw heavy I just shove the flop and get it over with. If he outflopped me, fine, variance. I don't think you can find a fold against this player. I'm surprised that you think he's a nit, too. I think he makes too many moves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering how much equity most of his draws have, and the fact that we have position, I'd rather call, and get it in on a safe turn. He's OOP, so he's probably pushing almost all of his draws, anyway.

I hesitate to say this, a little bit, because of how many bad cards can fall, but I still think that occasionally getting it in with so much more equity, as well as being able to sometimes see cheap showdown/get away from a set, when a scare card falls, makes this line better.

I haven't played with horry since Party days, but I remember him being pretty aggressive, and not nearly as nitty as some are saying.

I could see a flop fold, too, though, depending on the reads/game flow.

If you call the flop, you had damn well better call this bet.

This turn is about as safe as they come, so I would instacall. If he has 23, punch something.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:36 PM

What cards do you call the turn push and what cards do you fold?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:43 PM

Since my assumption is that he's auto-shoving the turn with a draw, I'd call on any:

A/K/Q/J/T/9/4/5/2 non spade: or 25 cards, usually fold the rest.

Admittedly, some of the overcards, and the 5 could beat us, if he has KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or the like, but I think that they are generally less of a worry than the straight cards. The 2 makes a straight possible, but is the least likely card to complete a straight, and the least likely to add extra outs to the combo draws.

This is just my intuition, here, though. I should probably run some calcs, at some point.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:45 PM

I think if we're folding to that many cards, you'll probably have more equity pushing the flop rather than running the risk of making a terrible fold on the turn. Just my intuition as well, though.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if we're folding to that many cards, you'll probably have more equity pushing the flop rather than running the risk of making a terrible fold on the turn. Just my intuition as well, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played with him in a while, but how much of his range do you think is air, here? I think it's close to none, although, he probably has more bare flush draws than I'm giving him credit for.