Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: An awkward moment of Clinton support

[ QUOTE ]
If you were to put clinton on a spectrum from left to right, he is further to the right of almost all democrats . Seems like you guys should have considered him a step in the right direction for democrats. So why do you right wingers hate on him so much? Cause he was so successful?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why he was sucessful. Considering some of the dreadful presidents we have had recently (GWB, Bush SR, Carter, and Nixon) Clinton actually was pretty good. When you don't do much its hard to screw things up. His biggest accomplishment was the welfare reform but the only reason he signed that was because it was an election year.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That is why he was sucessful. Considering some of the dreadful presidents we have had recently (GWB, Bush SR, Carter, and Nixon) Clinton actually was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above post.

[ QUOTE ]

When you don't do much its hard to screw things up. His biggest accomplishment was the welfare reform but the only reason he signed that was because it was an election year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I total forgot about the welfare reform. I'm not being synical here... but does anyone have any links / facts about this reform.

I tried googling it...but I'm not coming up with much current info.

I want to do some evaluation / see some stats to see if Clinton got this right... my guess is yes. Clinton did do some descent stuff when it was election year.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That is why he was sucessful. Considering some of the dreadful presidents we have had recently (GWB, Bush SR, Carter, and Nixon) Clinton actually was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above post.

[ QUOTE ]

When you don't do much its hard to screw things up. His biggest accomplishment was the welfare reform but the only reason he signed that was because it was an election year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I total forgot about the welfare reform. I'm not being synical here... but does anyone have any links / facts about this reform.

I tried googling it...but I'm not coming up with much current info.

I want to do some evaluation / see some stats to see if Clinton got this right... my guess is yes. Clinton did do some descent stuff when it was election year.

[/ QUOTE ]

the jury is stll out
Old 12-20-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jury is stll out

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link... i think it's a step in the right direction. Thank god Clinton was starting to lose some of his middle ground supporters and thus had to get this bill passed.

For my money... here's the part of the article I like most:

(2) it placed a lifetime limit of no more than 60 months of benefits paid by federal funds

My thought is if you can't get your shiat together in 5 years... you don't deserve my tax-dollars.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the jury is stll out

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link... i think it's a step in the right direction. Thank god Clinton was starting to lose some of his middle ground supporters and thus had to get this bill passed.

For my money... here's the part of the article I like most:

(2) it placed a lifetime limit of no more than 60 months of benefits paid by federal funds

My thought is if you can't get your shiat together in 5 years... you don't deserve my tax-dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I dont think that leads to anything other than shifting payments to the states. It comes down the proverbial "give them a fishing pole or a fish", complicated by the fact that there is no discouragement of attempts to qualify for more fish, instead of better bait.