Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Horse H/L hand Should I be worried here?

Did I play this like a monkey? Also what do you put my opponent on here. I dont have much of a read here, but I have not seen him do anything completly stupid. He is tighter than most of the table, but that is not hard to do. Most will play anything for a limp.

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.30 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.15 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.15 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.15 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (11.15 BB)
Old 12-18-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Horse H/L hand Should I be worried here?

I don't like the river raise because it seems you're more likely to lose the whole pot than win it. (Not that either is very likely.)

Otherwise this is fine.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:10 PM

Then general rule is that split K's aren't worth much on 3rd in a hi/lo game. But, I don't mind jamming if it will get alotta folds as it did in this case. Fortunately, you improved & alot of low cards are out. You're most likely good.

For future reference, if this occurs in a multiway pot with lots of action & you brick on 4th, consider folding.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM

I raised here as I did not see any aces out, and I was in very early position. I figured that my raise had a chance of thinning the field. As far as my opponent goes I started worrying more and more as he kept calling and his board actually got worse and mine improved. I kept betting as he was not showing anything threatening, and not raising either. Based on the action what do you put the villian on here? I did not think that the villian would raise the river with a low only. Hearts were unlikely as there were so many dead. If he made a straight I had that beat for high. On the river the only thing I worried about was a full house. I did not think that this was likely either as I would have expected a raise earlier if he had trips, or 2 pair earlier in the hand. If he was slowplaying something would't he have sprung the trap sooner than the river?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:39 AM

With the exception of completing 4rd in EP (which I almost never do with a big pair), the hand looks fine to me. That you were able to get it HU by 5th is critical and with what looks like a low draw.

Raising the river is ok although you're most likely looking at a split. I'm not crazy about his call on 6th unless he's got like 45 in the hole.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river the only thing I worried about was a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will lose to a bigger flush here a fair amount of the time. One of the things about high/low is that a baby flush draw isn't hurt by dead cards nearly as much as in high only, because drawing at five flush outs when you have a low or a low draw is often a pretty good idea.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:38 PM

I was really surprised at what my opponent held here. I think he misplayed the hand. Here is what he had.

Ad Ah 3h 2s 9s Kh Kc

Does this suprise anyone else?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:57 PM

Yes, you played it like a monkey. However, both you and the monkey played it correctly.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

it makes sence now. up to 4th st.

he probly would have raised 5th but your board kept getting better. He has a decent low draw and maby thinks your just betting the split kings all the way down because he keeps bricking (past 5th anyway)

IDK donk play, he got owned.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:37 AM

I would have played it about the same, although Badugi's probably right about the river raise. No way can you put him on Aces.