Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Is this 51/16/1.7 jerk really a winner?

So just spent a session getting nonstop AK and missing or hitting and getting owned by a guy who is 51/16/1.7 only 33% to showdown and plays quite well postlfop. Always seems to lose the least and win the most.

Obv small sample size but you think good postflop play can make up for being this loose preflop?

Is this guy really a winner?

As decent as he is postflop seems like he ought to be able to jsut play 27/20 preflop and crush up through 5/10 in his sleep so I dont really see why he'd be at 2/4 3/6. Course I'm there too so so much for that theory.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Is this 51/16/1.7 jerk really a winner?

5 or 6 handed, no wai this guy can win playing 51% of his hands. Maybe like 40% but the extra 10% on top of that is just pure junk. He limps a lot and he just ran hot for a bit. Buddy list him yo. There's a reason why VPIP averages go down as you move up.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM

6-handed? No, it's just not possible in any reasonable game. A lag that's running hot looks like he plays well. The problem is that he plays like that way when he's running bad too.

Maybe if he was like 50/30 3-handed or something.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 PM

thanks guys i feel better now. its bad enough when they take your money but i was getting berated in chat by this guy too and he was getting in my head.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:26 PM

The last month or so i've just turned the chat off from players and my chat box just shows the actions.

You dont get all the crap that some people say but may miss out on some information although I guess people who generally talk alot of crap have crap stats so your HUD should tell you this anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Give it a try it may help you.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 AM

i agree with scott, the info you receive is worthless most of the time, and if you are prone to being affected when people talk at you, it's definitely worth turning chat off.

I don't tilt and I enjoy trash talking now and again. I especially like to "defend the fish" so my convos go something like:

TABLE COACH: what are you doing playing A6o man, damn you're an idiot and will go broke soon
FISH: what do you mean
ME: (interjecting so the fish doesn't learn) what do you mean A6o is bad? It's an ace man, it makes top pair and top pair rocks.
<TABLE COACH STARTS BERATING ME INSTEAD>

Keep the fishies dumb yo.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 AM

I just point them to the 2p2 forums.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:10 PM

A real good post-flop player can definitely be a winner at 2/4 or 3/6 with a VP$IP of 50%.It is just rare that a player with a 50% VP$IP understands post-flop play. But I'm totally convinced that the best 2+2ers would show a profit if they played 50% VP%IP and table/site selected well at 2/4 and 3/6.
In my old database I had two players with a VP$IP of 45-50% over 10000 resp 12000 (small sample I know) hands that had astronomic winrates. They both showed the same kind of stats. High VP$IP, low went to showdown%,high win at showdown%, and a high AF.
The stats is of course to some extent an effect of running hot, but I don't think that is the whole story.
However I don't think that those players loses the least and wins the most.And they can never win as much as a player with a more acceptable VP$IP.But I do think they can show a profit even long term as long as they pick the right opponents.