Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB action
POOOSSHHHH!! 9 28.13%
Fold 17 53.13%
Call 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: When to look at the cards? (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
I like to wait until the action is on the person to my right, that was people aren't looking at me when I first see my cards but I still get to see nearly everyone act before I look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. I think looking immediately is especially bad in the blinds, because it is tough to feign interest or disinterest for as long as it takes to get all the way around the table (usually). Later in the tourney, you hate for every blind steal to be when you are actually weak.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 PM

You get to look at your cards? No wonder...

Actually, I'm a big fan of the "know what you're looking for before you look" school of thought. The only time this doesn't apply is UTG, where I'll often fold before the button has his second card.

Against weak opposition on whom I've got a strong read, I often won't look at my hand at all. This is not that useful in limit holdem games, but in no limit against weak/tight players, or in stud when you're in a good steal position I see no reason to give myself a chance to do anything other than the obvious play. If I get in a little trouble, sometimes I get to look down and have a nice little surprise.

Also, if you're in one of those extremely rare tournament spots where you should fold even aces, why would you look? I never look at my hand in the big blind when everyone folds to me, so if you're hand isn't a hand anymore, why look?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love when my opponents photograph their intentions. During the Main Event this year, I was getting ready to raise, when I glanced to my left. Donk had his camera phone out taking a picture of his Milwaukee's Best Light Arr-In chip and his hole cards. I folded, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the best tell EVER

-- Bitterness is joy with a bad attitude
Old 12-19-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During the Main Event this year, I was getting ready to raise, when I glanced to my left. Donk had his camera phone out taking a picture of his Milwaukee's Best Light Arr-In chip and his hole cards. I folded, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtfffffffffffffff