Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: KQ suited

well thats a tough thing about poker.... most of that is just psychological/variance -- you arent getting played back at light as much as you think, your opponents are just outflopping you a lot over the short term. so you can't let that shake you (and its easy for me to say this on an internet forum and harder to put it in practice). but if you have reason to believe someone really is playing back at you light, then you just have to realize that and go to the felt a little lighter as well. there's nothing inherently wrong about felting one pair if it is good the majority of the time.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM

lead flop 100% I mean will you not cbet here?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:32 PM

I really dont want to be mean but dbitel you should really stop giving advice like its the be all end all, from some other posts ive read you seem to have some serious problems in your game that you are unaware of; or ppl should stop listening to it at least. Do you guys not care about balance at all?

Check calling sucks for multiple reasons

1. It tells them to stop bluffing when they have a hand and cant beat the TP hand that you probably all ALWAYS TAKE THIS LINE WITH

2. It doesnt let you get full value from your hand. Its a pretty dry flop, but ppl stack off here with worse so much more often. They dont only call with 666 or 222

3. Balance. So when you do bet the flop, is it always top set or air? Gonna be pretty easy for them to play you if thats the case.

4. Balance again. What do you intend to rep when you cbet in the future?

edit: im in a really bad mood so dont be offended if I come off harsh or like an ass.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 PM

you check call the flop which isnt bad play...as you dont go out betting the turn you are not able to indicate what hand he has.. if you go out betting and he still raises then you have to give him respect.. putting him on a better hand than yours or having a similar hadn to yours with top pair..
Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 PM

ahnuld,

1) As soon as people start to correct their frequencies, I start taking different lines, but since they don't, c/c this flop is best

2) People stack of with worse? No they dont! Unless you have a good read saying he's a donk, they very rarely stack off with worse

3) no, I obv bet the flop with a larger range, but EVEN IF THAT WAS THE CASE...ITS DOESN'T MATTER, b/c a) they rarely see what you have and what your frequencies are b) They still adjust TERRIBLY c) You can readjust!

4) see above

EDIT: and I don't give advice like its the bee all and end all, I give my advice and back it up with reasoning....thats what we are here to do. And since you seem to think i have some serious leaks...feel free to tell me them plz
Old 12-12-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) People stack of with worse? No they dont! Unless you have a good read saying he's a donk, they very rarely stack off with worse

[/ QUOTE ]

Go play some 100NL and then rethink this statement.

Also, we are 70bb deep. I'm very happy to get it in here with only AK and 66 likely hands to have us beat.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 PM

jay,

i've not played 100nl properly for a while, so maybe you're right, but at 200 and 400, if I get AI vs an unknown for 100BBs, I'm ahead a lot less than 50% of the time
Old 12-18-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But why lead flop? it either folds out lower pp's or hands like aq-a10 or it gets reraised which gives us another tough decision. The turn card i thought was the perfect card for me 2 c/r with, and if it wasnt a spade i probably wouldve led out turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little late getting back to this thread; I hope you guys are still there. Back to the issue: yes, you don't like to see a RR here unless you have a good read on your opponent, but you DO want to fold the AQ and AT I think. These hands won't call a turn bet without help; so, why not fold them now before that dreaded ace hits the turn? It's not like you're going to win money from them by checking.

Charlie
Old 12-18-2006, 02:42 PM

charlie,

I don't rly want to bring this thread back again...but the point is you DO win $$$ from AT etc by checking, as they can and will bluff
Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
charlie,

I don't rly want to bring this thread back again...but the point is you DO win $$$ from AT etc by checking, as they can and will bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Right; good point! I didn't consider that. I usually worry about getting drawn out on and don't win enough with these hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] With leaks like that you can see why I play the small blind games.

Charlie