Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
BurnleyMik BurnleyMik is offline

Location: UK
Default Re: I Just Tested Swagdog And It Worked !!

I was going to do this, but I couldn't find any of the named bots online when I play, but apart from the op's ideas, I do not know how to go about proving that certain players are using bots.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:18 PM
KurtSF KurtSF is offline

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to do this, but I couldn't find any of the named bots online when I play, but apart from the op's ideas, I do not know how to go about proving that certain players are using bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bots sleep?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:27 PM
DING-DONG YO DING-DONG YO is offline

Location: ninja modng, bitches, u need 2 recanize

I'm sure bot operators don't run them 24/7 as that would arose suspicion.

Also, let's say you're running a few bots. Wouldn't you want to at least monitor them? I doubt many bot operators just let them go on autopilot and then watch TV or something.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
jbrent33 jbrent33 is offline

Location: About a mile out

The sad thing is Absolute doesn't really care about this. I was came across many of the same names when sweating a friend at those limits. I couldn't believe everybody was talking about it chat. Sure enough, somebody at the table suggested the sit out trick and it worked, although one of the bots returned about 2-3 hands later.

These emails took place over the last few days. The sad thing is support really doesn't care. I learned the game and built my bankroll playing at these stakes, this is a serious problem for players who are learning the game. Now for your viewing pleasure my email excange with support (read from the bottom up):
Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

Your email has been forwarded to our Security Department. You will be
contacted as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can
help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

Sincerely,

Joshua
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

We’re Here To Stay! All Players Welcome!

Now with $100K Weekly tournaments every Saturday at 16:30 ET! Buy in
directly for $200 +16, or win your entry in one of our FreeRoll or Real
Money Qualifiers for as little as $3!

Date: 12/16/06
To: support@absolutepoker.com

I'm not sure if you read my original complaint, but this is a standard form response not even addressing my question. Did you investigate the player as I asked or do you not care that you have bots in your poker room? Please read my original letter and try again.

Thanks

support@absolutepoker.com wrote:
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that at Absolute Poker, no matter which table you decide to play at, you will always be playing against real online poker players. Your fellow players may live down the street or halfway around the world, but they are guaranteed to be playing on their own behalf. Unlike some other online poker rooms, you will never play against any bots, shills (paid players), computer opponents, or against the 'house' on AP's poker tables.

Absolute Poker engages several select proposition players in a very limited way in order to ensure that there are live games available for all of our players to enjoy. Prop players have no financial interest in the success of Absolute Poker; they play entirely on their own money, do
not know whom the other prop players are, and most important, they have absolutely no access to "inside information" that would help them defeatan opponent.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
BurnleyMik BurnleyMik is offline

Location: UK

Wow, these guys have practically ignored your question! I agree that this will spoil the lower limits for the new players and as already explained its only a matter of time before greed takes over and they move up limits.

What a weak ass comment to simply say that all the players on the site are living players...rotfl

Could they not even look into your concern? All they were bothered about was explaining that they have no financial connection to the players who play there!!! Crazy!

Can you let us know how ths progresses as I am seriously thinking of withdrawing my full bankroll from a site that will allow blatant cheating and ignore users genuine concerns.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 PM
DING-DONG YO DING-DONG YO is offline

Location: ninja modng, bitches, u need 2 recanize

You did the right thing. Keep at it until they send it to the right department. Keep in mind that front line CS people are untrained overworked morons for the most part.

I hope you actually get to someone knowledgable in the security department. Keep us posted.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:45 PM
jbrent33 jbrent33 is offline

Location: About a mile out

I'm not really concerned about beating them at higher limits, the play I witnessed and then participated in was pathetic even for low limits. What concerns me is all the talk of bots colluding. If there are three of them working together on a 6max table they could make life difficult.

Ed Miller makes a point in his article linked in the other thread. The poker economy is a pyramid, with the bottom feeding the top. If the bots take the money out at the bottom it never makes it's way up to the higher limits. I donated many times trying to move up and fed that economy, now I worry that players will never win enough to take shots.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Perk76 Perk76 is offline

Back when I played at AP, I logged hands with a couple mentioned, and even then people claimed they were bots. Lawflukeit was one of the ones mentioned. The play seemed to be super standard, and could be exploitable and predictable.

Seems like if you play those limits, and these players are always there, that would be a good thing for you. Sit directly to the left of said players and exploit their weaknesses.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 PM
BurnleyMik BurnleyMik is offline

Location: UK

I see the point you are making and its obviously a good idea. The problem is that most of the low limit players will not come onto forums such as this and if they are continually being beat at the lower limits becuse of these bots, then the bots are spoiling the game for potential new players and therefore, as mentioned above, stopping these players becoming more serious and creating more cometition at higher levels.

There is also the moral side of this issue and that it is simply cheating and if these bots have been known about for quite a while then why the hell has nothing been done about it? Its an Absolute disgrace (no pun intended!). These sites have a obligation to protect their players from such things and so should have dealt with this matter a long time ago. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 08:52 PM
scraggs scraggs is offline

Location: steed

why am i not the least bit shocked by this. absolute is rigged and has been since day one. the only way to make a decent profit at that site is with rb and bonus, and even then it's a small one. i'll never trust a site where my AA loses to someone else's AA at a sh table, coupled with the myriad other atrocious and unlikely beats i've taken there.