Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Re: For those that think botting isn\'t too big of a problem

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the bots, and I think they will make the game tougher since it is more likely the good bots will stay than the bad ones, more likely the one owning a good bot will make 30 fake accounts than the one owning the bad one, everything contributing to making the games tougher quicklier. I am just saying that most people who buy/program a bot will end up losing money with it and possibly also for a long period of time.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it poker and sports have heavy betting and chess has little or no betting? Answer: You can't lie to yourself about chess very long.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think it's because poker is traditionally a gambling game, whereas chess is the opposite.

I also think you underestimate how quickly you can get the end results from a bot. Let's say you have a bot 16 or 20 tabling (spread over different sites, of course) for 8 hours a day. That's about 10k hands a day, and not at all unreasonable. You're going to get your results (i.e. find out whether your bot is a winner) pretty damn quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make a prediction......

You are not a strong chess player and have never wagered on chess.

I have played chess at a high level and know what i say is true about chess. The only way to make any money on another guy is to let him win/draw. The life span of a fish at chess is much shorter than a poker fish.

If a guy is playing his best game against you at chess it takes 1 or maybe 2 games to determine who has the advantage unless the skills of the contestants are close
Old 12-18-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it poker and sports have heavy betting and chess has little or no betting? Answer: You can't lie to yourself about chess very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofcourse I understand the concept of all gambling.....to WIN and make money. That is the reason people created and use bots. The question how does one decide if a bot is winning is simple: Your account balance..if its up the bot is winning!! etc. Not to be rude but that was a silly question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I am sure that there are plenty of losing bots out there, but eventually the technique will be perfected. The point I have been trying to make is that sites need to find a way to stop these people and fast so that it does not ruin the game. How many people will keep playing online if eventually you are playing a majority of your games against bots? It could and maybe will destroy the industry.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the bots, and I think they will make the game tougher since it is more likely the good bots will stay than the bad ones, more likely the one owning a good bot will make 30 fake accounts than the one owning the bad one, everything contributing to making the games tougher quicklier. I am just saying that most people who buy/program a bot will end up losing money with it and possibly also for a long period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is the case, but it still needs to be stopped. It spoils the game if the human factors are removed. Lets just hope it costs these muppets who buy the bots a small(or large) fortune!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question how does one decide if a bot is winning is simple: Your account balance..if its up the bot is winning!! etc. Not to be rude but that was a silly question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you actually do not understand it at all, not meaning to be rude, but it's the fact. All this info is available to players today, yet at any table most players assume they are the best/2nd best at that table.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Btw Burn,find the Party/Bots thread.The OP that claimed bots were at work there gathered thousands of hands and the evidence was very compelling.And to Opera,the bots in that thread(and i believe the evidence showed they were),were beating 10/20 Limit at over 1.5bb/100.Theres your beef.And this isnt the only example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read the entire mega threat you are talking about, and that is not hard proof.

[/ QUOTE ]What more do you want??? I found the evidence overwhelming.The chances that ten random players played such an equal and unique style over thousands of hands in every aspect of their game is one and a million.

[/ QUOTE ]

one in a million? how did you come to this determination?
Give me a real math aproximation of the odds of this happening and if the number is high enough that may constitute proof. In reality you don't know the odds of those players haveing similar stats.

10 ramdom players could have very similar stats given a large enough pool of players. How do you know that some of those players don't have multible accounts? What if its just 5 players that play very similar styles? I would like to see an real effort to put a percentage on the chances of this occuring without bots. How do you know some of the people submiting information don't have a financial interest in the bot sites? Threads like those have a direct impact on the profit of the scam sites.

I can think of many other possible explanations that don't require bots.

Please keep in mind i am not saying they were not bots, i am just saying that the proof submitted would not pass a scientific standard.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The question how does one decide if a bot is winning is simple: Your account balance..if its up the bot is winning!! etc. Not to be rude but that was a silly question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you actually do not understand it at all, not meaning to be rude, but it's the fact. All this info is available to players today, yet at any table most players assume they are the best/2nd best at that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking...hence the wink!!!!

I am sure that if bots were not profitable, no matter how you determine this, then no one would use them, but testament to the fact is that people are using them. Draw your own conclusions as I will mine.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 PM

I give up bro,bots arent a reality your right. An Illusion
Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 PM

LOLLOLLOLLOL! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I give up bro,bots arent a reality your right. An Illusion

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words you have no idea of the odds of this happening , but are willing to make the leap of faith and say proof has been given.

Did you know there is a direct link between global warming and the population of pirates in the world?
Praise the lord! Pass the pasta!